Backorders

I think I have narrowed my choices for my first EUC to King song S18 and Inmotion V11.  From what I understand EUC's with suspensions are new, and both of these models have had certain problems.  Hopefully early production defects have been worked out to some degree.  If that is not the case please let me know.  Some have suggested a suspension model might not be great to learn on, and others suggested getting a model that meets your long term goals.  After riding a Segway that lets you feel every pebble in the road I feel confident the type riding I hope to do eventually with be much more agreeable with a suspension.

I've never seen a product line with so many unavailable models.  Has this been the case for EUC sales since its conception, or is it just a recent temporary phenomenon?  Both of my favored models are listed as backordered on both US resellers web sites.  I've heard good things about ewheels but so far have only had an initial contact, but they have provided a phone number which I will try tomorrow to learn more.   EUCO got back to me and said the V11 was ready to ship despite what their website says and if I wanted the KS S18 those were expected in a couple of weeks.  Their deposit seems reasonable at 100 dollars.  

If both of these companies are able to ship within two or three weeks I feel comfortable going either way.  The 500 dollar deposit required by ewheels seems excessive to me though.  Less of a hold my place in line, and more of a pre-payment.  Since I am not buying a Tesla sports car I would rather just pay for an in stock product that is ready to ship.  

I was really not planning to make a decision on what to buy until latter this month when I had plenty of time to consider my options and get over that "me want" instant gratification thing that occurs when we see a new toy we think we have to have.  If the supply and demand are way out of whack maybe waiting could cost me months until another shipment arrives depending on the model.

I guess my question is are these backorder situation a constant with EUCs or did I just get interested in them at an inopportune time to be able to just purchase a normally stocked item.

• Like 1

Suspension is new, covid is new, demand is rising. Euc's arent the most uncommon thing to stock, but lately there has been a lot of variables that are effecting the supply(batteries are a big one). 'Free' money giveaways prolly a factor atm too. Its a very niche market for sure. My vote goes to non'suspension as a first wheel, but if it has to be suspension, the v11 and pad it up like a mofo. Euc buying can be hit or miss a little more than you're probably used to. I patron E-wheels and if they make me wait, thats just how goes. There are other reputable places as well, tho I bet its nearly the same song and dance. I wouldnt worry about desposit differences between shops. The "bigger" shops arent gna screw you and they're just simply small time guys/gals too. Most of them are riders. Even if you change your mind, its not that big a deal. These 3rd party retailers ARE your security blankets and you pay more for their services. Euc riding is a sickness, I suggest finding a shop and getting ready for future encounters with them too.

Forget what you think is 'normal'. Normal quality, normal costs, normal behavior, normal rules.... not in the euc world and its freaking glorious...sometimes. Just do it!B)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

I got a S18 as my first wheel and its great. I watched all the reviews and I knew I would be able to overpower it and I've reached the point now where I really want more power which is why my EX.N is arriving in the next 5 hours!!! FreeMotionShop and AlienRides (there is a website store now) had the EX.N in stock but basically nothing else that is high powered. I'm 210 lbs and the S18 can take me up huge hills (25* incline for ~100 feet) at about 20 MPH which is pretty impressive but I want more (I tried my friend's Sherman and it took me up the hills easily at 30 MPH and I was not ready to go faster but it had more to give). Also, if I lean forward and backwards hard I will overpower the S18. The S18 can get me about 30 miles of range which is pretty impressive for my weight. My 120 lbs girlfriends is now riding the S18 and its perfect for her (tons of power and range for someone at her weight). I also got a mten3 after buying the S18 and my 6 year old daughter has mastered it. I also really enjoy riding the mten3 around at grass volleyball tournaments (which I play a few times a month) because its so small and unobtrusive. 

• Like 2

On 5/4/2021 at 4:18 AM, CarlW said:

I think I have narrowed my choices for my first EUC to King song S18 and Inmotion V11.

Great choice either way!

There aren't really any bad or mediocre wheels nowadays, they are all sweet. You just pick what works for you.