V11 batch 4 changes

Magovec

Hi guys,

is there a summary of expected changes in the production batch #4 of V11? Even rumors thus I suppose there is not an official list.

Reading the topics here there are still some persistent issues with v3, but not knowing if any these issues will be addressed or not I am unable to decide whether it makes sense to wait.

Many thanks.

• Like 1

I have a new batch incoming hopefully soon. 

I tried to get bat h information from Inmotion Global but it is impossible to get something specific confirmed.

But....rumor is they switched to a "new" Japanese bearing. 

I decided to buy a new batch since I have 1st batch h and is very dependent on being able to ride. I also found going back to my old wheels didn't work as well since I am too used with the suspension of the V11. And not knowing when I could receive a new battery pack made me buy a backup V11.

The list of changes go current batch from 1st batch is very long. 

• Like 1

I had my V11 ordered for several weeks but unfortunately today the seller canceled the order with a comment that the delivery date is absolutely unknown even by the distributor. There are still some v3 left here and there which makes me think what real flaws v3 still has. I am aware of despite improvement  made the bearings (which seem to work much better then the first batch) still not ok. Any other issues you would find serious?

Perhaps for me just to be sure - could anyone please owning v3 confirm whether the bearings even though not perfect but are usable not requiring to change every 500km like reports from people suggest that was the case of v1? What I see here in the forum some have still issues but I was unable to find any current updates for v3 and whether it still prevails. Every reported issues were for v1 and v2.

The problem is you only see the number of people moaning when they have a problem. You never get the full story.

And many that have a fully functional wheel never bother to write about it. 

I can't explain how or why my Z bearing still works. It does show signs of spots if rust as I have ridden my V11 in all weather including heavy rain and slut and salty roads.

No matter what wheel you buy it will have it quirks. Just like cars you can find things to mark down from any brand/year/price range. EUCs are no different. 

And despite of that I chose to buy another V11. 

Normally I would say buy different wheels that can do different things. But in my case the V11 is so well suited to what I use it for because it is diverse. My bad knees do not do well with a non-suspended wheel. 

I understand the supply of wheels in general isn't great right now. Partly because of battery shortage in supply and electronics manufacturers can't keep up with demands.  It hits many type of products.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Unventor said:

The problem is you only see the number of people moaning when they have a problem. You never get the full story.

And many that have a fully functional wheel never bother to write about it.

Exactly...this is the reason why I asked here. Not to rely on "some notes from unhappy individuals" but to verify if the problems mentioned are common or just some random issues. I do not have the sales statistics to compare 30k wheels sold and 10 had bearings problems. 

Anyway thanks for some insight.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Does anybody know some of the characteristics of batch 2?  My v11 has red caps on the shocks, and gray trim on the foot plates. Batch 2 or 3?  Im paranoid about the bearings.  Though no problems to date.  Delivered only 3 weeks ago its seen only rain rides.  Im in Seattle so the bearing issue is a concern.  

On 11/26/2021 at 3:22 AM, UNIbomber said:

Does anybody know some of the characteristics of batch 2?  My v11 has red caps on the shocks, and gray trim on the foot plates. Batch 2 or 3?  Im paranoid about the bearings.  Though no problems to date.  Delivered only 3 weeks ago its seen only rain rides.  Im in Seattle so the bearing issue is a concern.  

If it was delivered three weeks ago it ought to be the very latest batch. Allegedly the bearing issues have been fixed with those.

If you are paranoid you can learn to open it up and clean/regrease the bearing protector flaps. 

thats what i did and now i ride in the rain with confidence, knowing ill clean/pack it again at some point in the future when i have “extra time” and “everything else is done”