Been thinking about getting the Hulaj flexpads for the V11 haven't ever purchased jumppads before for my euc an would like more control when braking and the increased maneuverability with grip, and consistency when hopping unto a curb. They are the same price as the clark pads but have a compartment I will link photos of the pads below on both their website and their instagram which has more photographs. Does anyone have any experience with these pads and would you recommend purchasing them, clark pads, or neither on the V11?

(I do not know how to resize images linked in posts)

https://hulaj.market/inmotion-v11/159-479-flexpads-do-inmotion-v11.html#/52-kolor-brazowy

https://www.instagram.com/hulajmarket/flexpads-03_.png

• Like 1

Yes I just got these and mudguard. But I have not been able to test them yet :facepalm:.

As I were to go to ride my V11 is stuck in charging mode. Maybe a BMS or battery problem.

But I will share how it looks like while parked.

Human pads

And mounted.

Human pads

Human pads

I am not sure if they are in right position yet. But with a shoe it looks like this.

Human pads

And I got a new helmet to fit too that I been traceing the buy button for a year now. So last Thursday it happened.

Human pads

It is 1250g +/- 50g.

• Like 3

Now that I'm looking at the photos... are the edge protectors from TPU (rubber), like the pads, or are they from a hard plastic with just the same color?

To find the placement for the pads. 
Put a piece of paper on the side of the wheel. Then stand on the wheel with your feet where you have it while riding. 
Lean forward and make a line on the paper folliving your leg from low down all the way up.
Then lean back and make a line on the backside.
Then you have the placement. The angle of the forward (push) wall is most important of course. If you ride with leg protection, put these on.

This video is aprox what I mean: 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zopper said:

Now that I'm looking at the photos... are the edge protectors from TPU (rubber), like the pads, or are they from a hard plastic with just the same color?

The black parts are hard yet (very little) bendable/flexible plastic. The green parts are rubberised that is firm but can bend a little or be squish a tiny bit. 

As for the rubber part how flexible it is comes down to material thickness. 

But I am still waiting for my first ride.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zeroSIXzero said:

To find the placement for the pads. 
Put a piece of paper on the side of the wheel. Then stand on the wheel with your feet where you have it while riding. 
Lean forward and make a line on the paper folliving your leg from low down all the way up.
Then lean back and make a line on the backside.
Then you have the placement. The angle of the forward (push) wall is most important of course. If you ride with leg protection, put these on.

This video is aprox what I mean: 

In principle very fine. But with spiked pedals you would need to be able to move feet a bit. The can't slide off as if you are on grip tape only.

And since these are new pads to me I am a little concerned of being too locked into the wheel. A tumbling V11 attached to your leg is not fun.

• Like 2

Use the paper for the angle forward backwards. In the video I use it for jump pads, but same method can be used for the angle of the pads. Then put the pads on 2-3 cm higher but put the front wall at the correct angle. Then you are locked in, but not tottally.

Edited by zeroSIXzero
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 2:48 AM, Unventor said:

Yes I just got these and mudguard. But I have not been able to test them yet :facepalm:.

As I were to go to ride my V11 is stuck in charging mode. Maybe a BMS or battery problem.

But I will share how it looks like while parked.

Human pads

And mounted.

Human pads

Human pads

I am not sure if they are in right position yet. But with a shoe it looks like this.

Human pads

And I got a new helmet to fit too that I been traceing the buy button for a year now. So last Thursday it happened.

Human pads

It is 1250g +/- 50g.

Wow looks real fresh especially when paired with the other hulaj gear. Thank you for the good reference images and replies. Got a good feel on how my shoe will feel in the pad and seeing as there is plenty of up/down space for the screw slots in order to adjust the height of the pads if adjustments are needed, as well as many different slots for left right adjustability. Strongly considering the purchase and looking forward to how your rides are using the pads.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duke EUCem said:

Wow looks real fresh especially when paired with the other hulaj gear. Thank you for the good reference images and replies. Got a good feel on how my shoe will feel in the pad and seeing as there is plenty of up/down space for the screw slots in order to adjust the height of the pads if adjustments are needed, as well as many different slots for left right adjustability. Strongly considering the purchase and looking forward to how your rides are using the pads.

As for me testing first ride is likely to take a week or two. I have a battery problem go fix first. And might swap back to summer tire while at it. I am already half way there. 

As for adjustmen it is about 30mm travel up and down and front to back. I placed it as high as I could.  It means I can almost close pedals (IM hex tech). They might be a tiny bit slimmer than stock pedals.

• 1 year later...