Gotway/Begode 100,8V charger compatibile with Veteran Sherman?

DjPanJan

Can i use my smart charger 100,8v 1-4Amp what is made for MSP2500w 5pin conector for charging Veteran Sherman?

Because i found some EUC sellers who sell generic gotway/begode 3A charger like veteran charger.

Some aliexpress selers say chargers veteran/gotway/begode compatible.

I prefer using my smartcharger to avoid potencial fail 5A original sherman charger (and smart is realy silent i mean for home charging). 

Second question if is chargers cross comatible can i use both charges original and my smart for long tour charging together ,just by pluging both chargers to sheran conectors this mean original 5A and select smart to 3A for 8A total? 

Becasue i own : Chargeman and using for MSP tour/road charging smart + original charger (7A) together chargeman-gotway-100v.jpg

https://eunicycles.eu/en/home/200-chargeman-gotway-100v.html

My smart charger is from here: 

https://www.1radwerkstatt.de/epages/80603321.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/80603321/Products/Charger_adj

IMG_20190820_124347_ml.jpg

Yes its the same and you can use both ports.
10A total, 5A per port on older Shermans.
8A per port (still 10A total!) on newer double pinned versions.
You can check for continuity on pin 1-2 and 4-5 to see if the port is double pinned.

Marty did a video covering it charging the first version if you want a second source.

Edited by null
  • Like 2

@null Thank you for fast repy.

What is better solution for "route/trip" charging?

1. plug smart charger(set to 3A) + original charger(5A) directly to sherman ports when chargin on roadtrip.

2. Use chargeman like i do on MSP 2500W becasue MSP have only one charge port.(5A+3A)

Advantages chargeman is i can see how many amps flow realtime and on MSP i can +- say how % battery is charged when i se charging amps get smaler and smaler.

------

And question about sherman balllancig cell. On msp i use chargeman to se how many miliamps flow to msp when is 99/100% and sometime is 30 min sometime 2+ hours but all time gotway charger is green and fan is off. Have original sherman charger beter ballancing metod or is propably same?

Becasue smart charger canot ballance if reach 100,8V smartcharger just turn off charging. And original charger need 30-300min to ballance after smartcharging.

MSP i ballance every 8-10 charging cycles but i have fear about famous sherman BATLOW error mesage where unbalance betwen batery pack stop sherman work.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

@null Thank you for fast repy.

What is better solution for "route/trip" charging?

1. plug smart charger(set to 3A) + original charger(5A) directly to sherman ports when chargin on roadtrip.

2. Use chargeman like i do on MSP 2500W becasue MSP have only one charge port.(5A+3A)

Depends on how the wiring is done inside the charge connectors to the batteries.

And question about sherman balllancig cell. On msp i use chargeman to se how many miliamps flow to msp when is 99/100% and sometime is 30 min sometime 2+ hours but all time gotway charger is green and fan is off. Have original sherman charger beter ballancing metod or is propably same?

It's the same.

Charge current threshold to stop charging mentioned in the ncr18650ga manufacturer datasheet is 67mA. So for the sherman at 10*67mA=0.67A.

For the MSP with ?24s4p lg21700m50t? 50mA are specified so 4*50mA=0.2A.

Becasue smart charger canot ballance if reach 100,8V smartcharger just turn off charging.

It has no CV stage? That's more a stupid charger than a smart charger;)

If one takes the end charge current threahold one will notice that a full balancing charge does not take too much longer.

MSP i ballance every 8-10 charging cycles but i have fear about famous sherman BATLOW error mesage where unbalance betwen batery pack stop sherman work.  

With balancing every 8-10 cycles some people had already bad experiences.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chriull said:

It has no CV stage? That's more a stupid charger than a smart charger;)

If one takes the end charge current threahold one will notice that a full balancing charge does not take too much longer.

With balancing every 8-10 cycles some people had already bad experiences.

Smart charger on end charging stop fan and jump to state on display is 0.00 i expect no balancing in this state. (i try conect smart over chargeman and in 0.00 state chargeman show voltage only and 0 current. On gotway charger i see curent when balancing is in action )

Balance every 2th charging is beter?

Or everytime go to full charge and ballance?

11 hours ago, Chriull said:

Charge current threshold to stop charging mentioned in the ncr18650ga manufacturer datasheet is 67mA. So for the sherman at 10*67mA=0.67A.

Does this mean that when the output of the charger drops bellow that value, there isn't much or any point continuing charging?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, null said:

Does this mean that when the output of the charger drops bellow that value, there isn't much or any point continuing charging?

Yes. That should be about the point were battery stress "wins" against achievable charge.

Imo also no real effect anymore for balancing https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/22109-passive-balancing-a-simulation/?tab=comments#comment-359235

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Chriull said:

Yes. That should be about the point were battery stress "wins" against achievable charge.

Imo also no real effect anymore for balancing https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/22109-passive-balancing-a-simulation/?tab=comments#comment-359235

Great, thank you.
It also seem to correspond to where the Voltage tapers off so much it stabilises.

Edited by null
  • Like 1