Rules for EUCs at airport?

8 minutes ago, Yeshwanth Akurathi said:

Can anyone confirm if we can fly with an EUC having no batteries? (international travel)

I am NOT an airline official. I am probably wrong. Airlines may have their own rules.

But, if you had removed the batteries and packed it properly, I don't know of any reason you couldn't bring it along as checked baggage. You might pay an additional baggage fee, but once the batteries are removed it's just metal and plastic and electronic parts.

Nevertheless, an airline can refuse to load anything at any time for any reason. It might just be too close to lunch time and that is sufficient justification. You are entirely at their mercy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yeshwanth Akurathi said:

Can anyone confirm if we can fly with an EUC having no batteries? (international travel)

Thanks in advance!

QANTAS 

Forbidden dangerous goods

The information shown below summarises some common items that are classified as dangerous goods - passengers are forbidden to carry them on an aircraft:

article.mobile.jpg

• Paint stripper/hydrogen peroxide
  • Pepper spray/mace
  • Self balancing boards
  • Sparklers/firelighters
Edited by DavidB

I know that people can bring shells, controllers, lights and speakers. But by putting all of them together along with motor might make the airlines stop it I kind of agree...

May be the only way is to dismantle the wheel and get it so that they think its just a motor with tyre?

• Like 1

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/lithium-batteries-more-100-watt-hours

https://www.hoytskate.com/

All the airline friendly batteries or power banks I have are max 99 watt hours to be compliant. Hoyt st skateboards makes a deck that has separated battery packs that break down so you can pack your skateboard. 🤘🏽 I’m sure airwheels were banned just on principle.......

Edited by Hellkitten

6 hours ago, duanew said:

Yes I believe it would have to look like a box of parts to pass inspection. 

I think this is the best way. Even better if the parts are separated into two separate checked luggage, so shells in one container, and rim and misc parts in another. I’d remove the tire just for extra precaution. Then you can ship batteries and tire to destination, or have a way to buy tire or batteries at destination especially if it’s a place you frequent often.

Here is the rub...

The final decision rests with the TSA officer on whether an item is allowed through the checkpoint.

So even if you follow all the rules you may still be knocked back at the Gate. Best to do what Adam and Kate did on their European summer holiday. Pre ship your wheel as freight to a friend at the location you are going to for the holiday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavidB said:

Pre ship your wheel as freight to a friend at the location you are going to for the holiday.

That is going to take atleast 600$ for shipping and about 2000$(100% of the EUC's MRP) to clear customs in India... So this is definitely not an option for me...