We won the battle with water and snow for Begode RS and EXN?

Yo_Yo

7 hours ago, Flying W said:

That plus EMA's spacer should make these hollow motors amazing! 

Print a bunch and sell em! :w00t2:

i'm working on something like the video :D

need to open the wheel and try...

• Like 1

Is begode implementing anything like this on their production units? Or is it going to remain an aftermarket fix only? Seems silly for them to keep shipping wheels without such a cheap fix being implemented at the factory. Would save them tens of thousands of dollars in warranty repairs for some 3 cent gaskets 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Until it comes with the solution out of the factory it's not really solved, also EXN has other ingress points on the shell which doesn't make it waterproof, also needs to be fixed by Begode.

• Like 1

It's not really a permanent solution until it's been tested for a few years. Do you need to maintain it every year and grease it up again?

I come from cycling and there we do the same but nothing lasts forever. 1-2 years later, under heavy use the dust seal is damaged and the grease has washed away.

I'm curious. Has anyone had to change bearings on traditional motors? What about after 20.000km?

If not then that's the gold standard that we should aspire to.

In cycling, they incresed the axle diameter, but not to this absurd size that hollow motors have. I'm wondering why they aren't using a hollow steel axle of ~30mm diameter. Such bearings would be cheap, long lasting, lightweight and the thing would be crazy durable.

Edited by alcatraz
  • Like 2