EUC World - Start/stop tour recording UI

Ben S

Feature request:  The screen that appears when you Start a tour is almost identical to the screen when you Stop a tour.  Can you change the graphic and make it very clear that you just started or stopped a tour?

I get annoyed when I can't remember if I set up the horn/light/tour to be the single-tap/double-tap/tap&hold on the Gauge.  Accidentally turning on the light or honking the horn is ok but I want it to be very apparent if I accidentally stop the tour.

I have an image showing the two screens side by side but I'm not sure if viewers will be able to open the link.  I couldn't figure out how to use the "insert image from URL" feature in the forums.

An idea would be to show a checkered flag on the finish screen and an image more "start-like" when a tour is started.

• Like 1

I can view them... and I see your point. I use the premium version and don't start/stop tours via taps (too easy to accidentap the screen with wrist guards and mittens) so I've not seen that. Agree that making it more obvious what just happened (or will happen when you tap) would be an improvement.

Strange you can't paste images though, might be a forum setting (I added a couple gratuitous likes to see if that helps with your privileges)

On 2/16/2021 at 5:31 AM, Ben S said:

An idea would be to show a checkered flag on the finish screen and an image more "start-like" when a tour is started.

Thank you for this suggestion. I've added it to my "todo" list.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Strange you can't paste images though, might be a forum setting (I added a couple gratuitous likes to see if that helps with your privileges)

Thanks for trying to boost my privileges.  Nothing has changed copy/paste abilities yet.  Do you use this forum on a mobile device?  Is there an app for it?

The main point of my posting was to get the attention of Seba.  I'm not sure what the recommended way is of submitting EUC World feature requests.   It's reasonable to post requests publicly to get opinions from other users.  I'm a software developer and am contemplating some more feedback but I'm not sure how open the developer is to additional requests when he's doing this in his free time.

An additional idea is to have it play an "up" sound when a tour starts on and a "down" sound when the tour is turned off or paused.  Of course some people may not want any more sounds so then there'd be requests for a menu option to configure this.   It's certainly more work than just editing the existing static images.

Clear interaction with the app is sometimes difficult for me because of these factors:   wrist protectors limit how I hold the phone;  wearing gloves makes operating phone awkward; I ride with prescription glasses but can't focus on the phone screen up close so I have to squint under the lenses; I can't easily see screen through helmet visor or above chin guard; phone screen is sometimes hard to see the screen in daylight.   In short, operating my phone with my winter gear on I feel old and handicapped.  Clearly seeing/hearing when a tour has started, paused, or stopped is a useful enhancement for me.

@Seba is very effective, he's an active member of this forum which I can't be more happy about. He's also an avid rider so understands the pain points. This is the correct place to make suggestions, although there might be a features thread somewhere.

I use the forum on both desktop (Edge, Safari) and iOS (Safari). To get more privilege I think you have to post more, I know that's true for PMs but am clueless with regards to pasting.

I think most will agree that Seba had always handled both feature requests and UI enhancements with due seriousness... he doesn't blow things off because he didn't think of them. His audience is global though, so there a lot of considerations he's having to balance. I don't envy that.

Since you also sit on the other side of the "good idea box", you know how things go sometimes... "great idea, I'll put it on the list"

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just testing my ability to add images.  This time it was as simple as drag and drop.  I don't remember it offering this option last time.   

20210427_210530a.thumb.jpg.178da0ef9e5dd84a66668b362e39c8d0.jpg

PNC Park, home of the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball team