Padded shorts for EUC riding?

New rider here, debating if I should wear padded shorts under jeans/pants (similar to those for snowboarding) to protect possible spine/tailbone/hips injury since I've seen lot of euc crash video where people falling backward.

Is it more common falling backward in situation like high speed wobble or hitting bumps/pothole and losing control while try to brake(lean backward)? 

I've had lower back surgery couple months ago and would like to have something that could minimize any damage in the event of falling on my back. 

I wear a D3O tailbone protector to augment the in built in hip protection of my moto pants during winter, and will switch over to the belt affair in the summer. Got hip and tailbone belt from Demon.

Yes, I’ve bailed out backwards due to death wobble one time, at very low speed. All other ball outs have been forward though.

• Like 1

Thanks, I checked out the belt, I'm worry it'd move around since the padding are attached by valcros and they are hanging below the belt, would they be shifting around much wearing undrer jeans? 

haha, I have to wear my fat pants cuz otherwise everything's way snug. I end up looking like a power ranger in jodhpurs. The belt probably isn't great under basketball shorts but there are cutouts you can use to secure the bottom of the hip pads to your legs with stretchy velcro straps. The velcro belt itself is really wide and stays put very well, it absolutely keeps the padding over the pointy part of my hip bone and the tailbone protector where it belongs. It's not an ideal solution for sure—armored underwear/shorts are probably better with summer shorts but I didn't want to have to completely strip so I stuff the pads down the pants and the pants hold things in place well enough. I've taken two low speed falls (not counting the braking death wobble bail out, that was a non-event because it was about a 6" 'fall' at maybe 2 MPH—I was in full sh1t down mode) with it in the fat pants and it's definitely done its job.

Edited by Tawpie

I wear padded impact shorts under joggers, but looking at motorcycle jeans with d30 knee and hip pockets. Will just use the hip d30 pads and continue using leatt knee/ shin I think tho. Backpack is a good addition as well, especially since you mentioned back surgery. I use a stiff Ogio No Drag

4 hours ago, Dreygun said:

I wear padded impact shorts under joggers, but looking at motorcycle jeans with d30 knee and hip pockets. Will just use the hip d30 pads and continue using leatt knee/ shin I think tho. Backpack is a good addition as well, especially since you mentioned back surgery. I use a stiff Ogio No Drag

Thanks, but most motorcycle jeans only has knee and hip armor on the side, looking to wear something that protect the bums if it's common falling backward on a euc so it'd at least soften the impact. 

I insert a back protector in my backpack as well (the laptop compartment) when I'm not wearing motorcycle jacket, hope it would do the job as well. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Ivank said:

Greetings,

What do you think of Leatt 3DF 5.0 impact shorts?

I have the 3df 6.0 long version and they're great. The hip protection on side in thin enough that it isn't bulky but enough for protection. I have two sets of Trilobite MC panta with level 2 knee/ hip i use most often but if I want to just go for a cruise with joggers on, ill throw the 6.0 leatt pants underneath. Definitely recommend them, short version is probably just as nice. I prefer the long version ao they are underneath the leatt shin pads

I've bought this Padded shorts from Amazon, it has thick foam padding on the butt and side of thighs and I've fell a couple times off roading and didn't feel a thing. 

Only con is they don't breath very well and you got sweaty balls after riding lol

Leatt impact shorts are very popular amongst downhill riders and enduro riders for good reason. 

Check them out as another option to research 

https://highendscooters.co.uk/product/leatt-impact-shorts-3df-3-0/

1649827058_s-l1600(2).thumb.png.08a87706ff203d8c3e75f771d3706eae.png

Leatt Impact Pants 3DF 6.0 Protection Gear | High End Scooters

Edited by HighEndScooters
add picture

I've been considering the Demon FlexForce Pro V2 Padded shorts, and was wondering if it would look too creepy to wear them as an outer garment.

Is anyone else wearing their shorts as outerwear? I'm thinking I could pull this off since they don't have a fly opening and almost look like stylish gym shorts.

Might be a bit too snug in certain areas however.

Any female forum members care to comment? @celi @Celeste Weingartner

Demon FlexForce Pro V2 Padded Short

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, litewave said:

I've been considering the Demon FlexForce Pro V2 Padded shorts, and was wondering if it would look too creepy to wear them as an outer garment.

Is anyone else wearing their shorts as outerwear? I'm thinking I could pull this off since they don't have a fly opening and almost look like stylish gym shorts.

Might be a bit too snug in certain areas however.

Any female forum members care to comment? @celi @Celeste Weingartner

Demon FlexForce Pro V2 Padded Short

Wow I haven't heard of these till today, so I can't be of much help. I had to look these up and then I found Demon Flexforce X D3O Padded Shorts MTB V2 in my search. I've heard great things about D30 technology. If anything go for those! (There's my two cents despite seeing these for the first time lol) if you do get them though, I'd love to know how you like them 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, celi said:

Wow I haven't heard of these till today, so I can't be of much help. I had to look these up and then I found Demon Flexforce X D3O Padded Shorts MTB V2 in my search. I've heard great things about D30 technology. If anything go for those! (There's my two cents despite seeing these for the first time lol) if you do get them though, I'd love to know how you like them 

The FlexForce V2 shorts that I like have pockets that allow for easy replacement of all pads except tailbone. I have D3O level 2 pads in my motorcycle pants that are too hot for summer that should fit.

I considered the D3O version but the style isn't appealing to me, and I can't imagine anyone, least of all me, wearing them as an outer garment, or even an undergarment, in the heat of summer. But who knows, maybe someone here will prove me wrong :roflmao:

image.png.07ea95cbda0874ae1a04834119d4a7f5.png

Edited by litewave
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, litewave said:

The FlexForce V2 shorts that I like have pockets that allow for easy replacement of all pads except tailbone. I have D3O level 2 pads in my motorcycle pants that are too hot for summer that should fit.

I considered the D3O version but the style isn't appealing to me, and I can't imagine anyone, least of all me, wearing them as an outer garment, or even an undergarment, in the heat of summer. But who knows, maybe someone here will prove me wrong :roflmao:

image.png.07ea95cbda0874ae1a04834119d4a7f5.png

worn backwards, it looks fit for a maiden of medievil times.....

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1