How to respond if battery fire?

helmet

I thought of just throwing the EUC out of the second story window. Make sure nobody is below. How is safe to respond? My plan, throw it out the window. How do I put out a lithium battery fire, even if in my phone? better plan ... .. ... . .. ...

1. if and only if the fire is not terrifying use an ABC fire extinguisher or get it to a place where it won't catch other things on fire (away from curtains, bedding, walls etc.)
  2. get people out including yourself
  3. you or somebody else call 911

Skip step 1 if there is any doubt at all. Always do steps 2 and 3. Have somebody else call if you're busy with the fire or are busy getting people out.

Let some other fool document it for facebook. But only from a place of safety.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tawpie said:
  1. if and only if the fire is not terrifying use an ABC fire extinguisher or get it to a place where it won't catch other things on fire (away from curtains, bedding, walls etc.)
  2. get people out including yourself
  3. you or somebody else call 911

Skip step 1 if there is any doubt at all. Always do steps 2 and 3. Have somebody else call if you're busy with the fire or are busy getting people out.

Let some other fool document it for facebook. But only from a place of safety.

Great advice, also if you have to leave the wheel and aren't able to extinguish it on your own please be sure to shut the door to whatever room the wheel is in, a closed door really helps contain a fire and slows down the growth while the firefighters are on their way

15 hours ago, maslorithm said:

How do I put out a lithium battery fire, even if in my phone?

On 3/11/2019 at 4:03 PM, Leyline said:

For safety and awareness: You can absolutely extinguish lithium battery fires!!  

simple water is used with high effect.

https://youtu.be/3cUES1xojrs

On 1/22/2021 at 4:21 PM, maslorithm said:

.....throw a blanket on lithium battery fire and then transfer to bathtub

.......prolly safer not to grab an EUC on fire.

I charge mines in the tub covered with a welding blanket (partially for the pic) and opposite the shower head.  Shower door slid shut and and only charged while I'm home...

File_000.jpeg