euc in snow

redsnapper

Well when people talk about snow rides, I can't help think I back to this guy. 

Some of his snow rides are off the charts of most riders still. But he moved on to human propelled unicycles (as far as I know). 

I kö da hope we avoid snow here at my area. As it is always a pain. Only black ice is worse. So far we have stayed clear mostly. But the new 2 weeks are dropping below 0C most of the time so I guess risk is still there for black ice/snow. And this year I don't have a car atm. Maybe in 1 months if I am lucky. Until then I am using EUCs (mostly my V11 with winter tire) for any transport. 

I don't mind a bit of snow as amazingly, I get quite a bit of traction. Its the ice & snow covered ice patches that are nasty. I'm thinking of some ti screws on the knobbies for my incoming MCM5. Should be able to climb some serious frozen grass/dirt hills.

• Like 1

No, in spite of the shadow it's not a Monster Pro (could be though!). And while I'm no beast, I'm not quite that short! But I've found in my short winter riding experience that ice on an EUC isn't that different than it is in an automobile. No Quick Movements. And the ruts, well, they improve the balance! The camera setup is very sophisticated... a phone hanging from a neck strap and not being a videographer I couldn't get it cropped to portrait without spending money I'm hoarding for HexTech pedals.

Edited by Tawpie
delete attachment, contact me if you want to see the movie!

4 hours ago, Tawpie said:

No, in spite of the shadow it's not a Monster Pro (could be though!). And while I'm no beast, I'm not quite that short! But I've found in my short winter riding experience that ice on an EUC isn't that different than it is in an automobile. No Quick Movements. And the ruts, well, they improve the balance! The camera setup is very sophisticated... a phone hanging from a neck strap and not being a videographer I couldn't get it cropped to portrait without spending money I'm hoarding for HexTech pedals.

What a pretty day of riding. 👍