EUC World - GPS constantly losing connection

Tryptych

Seba got any tips for GPS losing connection way too much? 

When I look back on my tours there are quite a few straight lines (and no roads) from where my GPS screwed up: 

image.png.a10cac45f66ad7baff4eb4dc0b1a4572.png

Is there anything I can do to get better performance from the GPS and less of these cutouts (other then riding with the phone in my hand and pointed upwards to the sky) ?

Edited by Tryptych

8 hours ago, Tryptych said:

Seba got any tips for GPS losing connection way too much? 

When I look back on my tours there are quite a few straight lines (and no roads) from where my GPS screwed up: 

image.png.a10cac45f66ad7baff4eb4dc0b1a4572.png

Is there anything I can do to get better performance from the GPS and less of these cutouts (other then riding with the phone in my hand and pointed upwards to the sky) ?

There are three main causes of problem like you described:

1. GPS is not allowed to run in background or system-wide power saving mode is active that affects how often GPS can get location fixes.
  2. GPS signal is weak.
  3. GPS is broken.

I assume that you've verified that there is no power saving mode enabled or other factors that would affect EUC World operation. Usually second case is rarely seen, as from my experience, most mobile devices are able to get decent signal level even if stored inside pant or jacket pocket. But I've experienced GPS problems with devices like Huawei P30 Pro and Sony Xperia Z5. While the first device has magically fixed itself after system update (I suspect that this also upgraded GPS firmware), Sony Xperia Z5 is known to have a poorly operating GPS module.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 6:44 AM, Seba said:

There are three main causes of problem like you described:

1. GPS is not allowed to run in background or system-wide power saving mode is active that affects how often GPS can get location fixes.
  2. GPS signal is weak.
  3. GPS is broken.

I assume that you've verified that there is no power saving mode enabled or other factors that would affect EUC World operation. Usually second case is rarely seen, as from my experience, most mobile devices are able to get decent signal level even if stored inside pant or jacket pocket. But I've experienced GPS problems with devices like Huawei P30 Pro and Sony Xperia Z5. While the first device has magically fixed itself after system update (I suspect that this also upgraded GPS firmware), Sony Xperia Z5 is known to have a poorly operating GPS module.

Yeah it's a Huawei P10 Light, I'll assume it is just a crappy GPS. I will try a different phone, thanks Seba.