Helmets - do they kill the fun?

Gasmantle

8 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Couldn’t be more wrong @mrelwood. My job deals specifically with clients with mental and/or physical disabilities.

Interesting. This is perhaps the first time I guess this one wrong. Makes me understand your opinions even less than before.

Just because you PERSONALLY have experience because you’re handicap, doesn’t make your stance above and beyond someone else

If the stance is about how life changing a hobby and a new form of transport can be, it does.

But you still somehow fail to understand that my point isn’t to attack “fragile” riders, or to discourage them. There’s a vast difference between being a bully and discouraging someone vs being caring and not encouraging someone. 

I don’t think you have been successful in supporting this aspect in your posts.

And you also struggle to come to grips with the reality of my points being objective

You have mentioned a few times already about the opinion of letting even disabled people decide the level of risk themselves to equal with not understanding the risks, making riding into something it’s not, or “blindly” encouraging fragile people to ride. This is the part I was attacking by saying that you are jumping to conclusions.

If you can’t handle hearing the truth don’t tell me I’m trying to be discouraging.

As I said in the beginning, I have zero problems with the truth that me riding is me taking a large risk every single day about being severely hurt for a long time, and possibly even forever.

I wouldn’t antagonize/discourage their choice of trying an EUC. 

I have felt that you have done so several times in this thread. My subjective opinion.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2