Inmotion V11 has a red light on and battery error message on app.

chroma

I received my Inmotion v11 on the 25th of this month. Had a chance to ride it around the block once. Next day, it had problems connecting to app. I use an android device, but after a while tried it on the an apple device and it connected. I put it away two hours later turned on app and it had an exclamation point message on the app that read " Error". The wheel had a red light next to the power button. The blue bluetooth light was also on, when a ran the diagnostic  the device utter the words repair, and the battery had a red X,  instead of the green check mark. Also, a message appeared on the screen saying that I needed to contact the manufacturer. I once again put away the wheel, few hours later I turned on again but connected the device using my android device and the message and the red light are gone. Ran the diagnostic tool and it says that is fine. Anyone else experienced this? I worry that if I were to ride this with a possible battery or control board issue that it will cause me to face plant. I contacted EUCO about this problem, since I purchased the device from them. I am still waiting for a reply.

The battery icon on the display was NOT flashing at all, in fact the battery display looked normal the only difference was the red light next to it.

• 6 months later...

Same happened to me once recently in latest software 1.2.22. I had ridden for a few minutes and was about to take off on a group ride and I got severe tilt back, red light and wheel saying "repair". A minute later it leveled up, light went off and it was fine. Diagnostics came up ok and batteries were the same voltage. I did a 30km ride without incident. Never happened since, but it makes me nervous. I've been face planted by a failed control board once before.

Same here with a couple of cases. One started to show the message of overvoltage after charging it (until green led on the charger) and the indicated voltages by the app were way too high to be true. This happened after replacing the control board. The problem got solved after performing a "remote calibration" directly with technicians from Inmotion that through setting the app in a "remote mode" they were able from China, identifying the unit by the SN, to reset the value of 84.0V to the actual full charge level. So it was a calibration issue that got quickly solved, with no disassembly needed.

A more similar case to the prior described problems were associated with an unbalance status between the two batteries. Some just needed to stop, accept the automatic calibration and keep going until next similar event. Other units tended to be related after disconnecting the charger regardless of the actual level of charge. While connected the batteries showed about 0.6V of difference between the batteries but after letting the unit sit with the front light a minute, the unbalance disappeared (until the next random event).
In my experience I found two possible causes for these battery level issues and got all them fixed.

1) just needing a "remote calibration".
2) after checking the control board (removing the main board) I noticed that the small connectors from both batteries were set in the incorrect position. I mean the thin wires (black and red) not the mayor wires that have the big yellow plugs. The male C1 was into female C2 instead of female C1 and vice-versa. Then the balancing feature may have been just confused by data from the wrong battery. I am just guessing but I just connected the plugs properly, charged and all fixed for good. I have seen a couple of these cases of crossed connected plugs form origin. 

It would be great to know where to connect a multimeter to assess the real voltage to compare it with the provided data by the app (through the firmware). But I never got an answer about that and I do not feel like playing Russian roulette with my V11 not opening the seals of the battery boxes to access the BMS just to measure the voltage.

Performing a "Remote Calibration" or correcting crossed connected plugs from the batteries into the control board have solved all my weird battery voltage level cases.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

they replaced the motherboard, the problem was gone. but after changing some esthetics the same issue is here again. theyre in contact with the inmotion engineering team.

hope this will sort out till next week i need my EUC in the holidays so bad :/

Now I have a case that the issue could not be solved not even with Remote Calibration. It does seems to need a MB replacement.
I have other cases (just the warning message, without the tilt) and Inmotion told me that it was due to a bug on the iPhone app. Indeed they were iPhone users and using diagnose with Android phone showed no issues. The most recent update of Inmotion app may have addressed this bug.

So some cases are just a bug on the app (the only symptom is the warning message on the app), others may be due to connectors switched (ej ONF-B and C) making difficult to balance the batteries (frequent warning due to imbalance), or needing a Remote Calibration (there is a delta between the batteries but also voltages are shown as not credible values that when extreme they may even induce overload messages and tilt) or cases that need a MB replacement (more serious tilt and warnings, not possible to ride on them). The weird thing is that the most extreme case shows everything fine on the self-diagnose tool.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi gpschile. im having the same problem, a tilt back when the euc reach 41% battery, when make a check in the app the battery number one seems to be the problem. the inmotion service already did a remote calibration but didnt solve the problem. i dissasemble the wheel and see the left battery connected to c2 and onf-b1 connectors and the right battery to c1 and onf-b2 connector (left battery is were the motor cables comes to the pcb) my question is , this is the right connection or c1 must come whit b1 and c2 whit b2 (only logic thinking). hope you could help me. thanks

On 7/15/2021 at 4:38 AM, Andy504504 said:

hi gpschile. im having the same problem, a tilt back when the euc reach 41% battery, when make a check in the app the battery number one seems to be the problem. the inmotion service already did a remote calibration but didnt solve the problem. i dissasemble the wheel and see the left battery connected to c2 and onf-b1 connectors and the right battery to c1 and onf-b2 connector (left battery is were the motor cables comes to the pcb) my question is , this is the right connection or c1 must come whit b1 and c2 whit b2 (only logic thinking). hope you could help me. thanks

That’s an embarrassing mistake at the factory! The left battery wires should all go to #1 connectors, and right battery to #2. Having then the wrong way probably explains the issue.

EDIT: I was too fast to judge, read a few posts further…

Edited by mrelwood

• 5 months later...

Actually, I have to retract my criticism a few posts above. The “C” connectors are hard wired parallel under the board, so it makes no difference if they are swapped around with left and right side batteries.

image.thumb.jpg.f1f6bdf6913a548864b68de0b98bb37a.jpg

Yes the C1 and C2 are just a split of the C connector to charge each battery. What seems to matter in case of being swapped, is the position of the smallest connector of the set of cables from each battery. I mean the ONF-B1 for the left battery and ONF-B2 for the right battery.

• Upvote 1