S2 Leg Pads ?

Rake

I remember the pain. It just kinda went away after I learned to ride properly. Some newbies use shin guards turned inward. Many other pads are available. Honestly, I would just tape a sponge to the side of my wheel until I got better at riding. 

If you intend to use it for a long time you could get the official ones (about 50$)
Very comfy, can be found here and there just search)

Else just tape a bunch of soft stuff to the housing it will do the trick.

41Y85+ssgqL._AC_.jpg

Edited by null
  • Like 1

with the s1/s2 is  the problem contact point is the center of the convex shell (convex looks slick but is very bad design for riding). so these pads are cool but imo don't really deal with the problem. Just for kicks I hopped on my s1 to make a grocery run (opened to 30kph via 9tools) -  beyond 24kph thing is always on the edge ( beeping like crazy, you know yu have very little headroom for overlean,etc., no night light, very bad range - operating range for the dual bat version is only about 12km). z10 is such a beast - really a drag 9bot has decided to focus on scooters and other PEVs. All the other 9bot models are relegated to being learner/transition wheels to something with more power and better range. Even the IMv8 is a far more versatile. Apologies @Rake - guess I have trashed your current wheel :-(

If you are like me, S2 will be great until you outgrow & replace it then it will spend alot of time sitting idle...

If you wanted to make some decent pads for S2 I think would have to be something wedge like with the thin edge starting at the center of the shell and getting wider towards the top so when you apply pressure near the bottom (to jump a curb or what not) it is distributed evenly. not ez to make such a thing again owing to the convex shape... Now for my skills of an artist:

image.png.d49338c2742887a1664730c47528fc0c.pngTrogdor GIF | Gfycat

if you do not know TROGDOR - see:  

Edited by amelanso