V11 Top Speed Tiltback

sffish

I've only ever ridden my Gotway Tesla close to top speed. I'm assuming that for Inmotion EUC's, specifically the V11, when you max out the speed you will get tiltback? Is the tiltback a reliable top speed limit so you don't really have to worry about cut out? Basically the V11 will not cutout on you? Does the tiltback speed get lower as the battery goes down or as the temperature drops?

This seems like it would be a better and safer way to do things than Gotway which just beeps at you. I was riding my Tesla today in the semi-cold and it was beeping to me at 27 mph (according to EUCWorld after looking at the logs) , I didn't hear the beeps for a couple of seconds because of wind noise, seems like a gentle titleback would have worked better and be safer. Thanks

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

You can also set tiltback (&beeps) on the Tesla in any associated app.

Yes, but this tiltback is nonsens, because it's not related to anything, just a tiltback at the choosen speed. Absolutely useless! 

• Like 1

The reason why some of us like GW/BG wheels is exactly the ability to go to the max (& beyond). Like most things, with max speeds comes max risks. Cest la vie mon ami. Either the factory sets the limits or we are the limits so choose your poison.

Calling individualized tiltback settings nonsense or useless is pretty strong IMO but to each their own so I can respect that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Seba said:

It's "nonsense" because it doesn't adapt to change in battery voltage or motor output. So it's just a static speed limit that won't offer any other protection and I think this is what @buell47 meant.

I do not discount the benefits of factory set auto safety features but lets not kid ourselves here, to ride a GW/BG & now VS is to ride the beeps & that is by design. The personal static tiltback provide an extra safety valve esp for the uninitiated. Let's not blame an earth mover truck for its ability to crush whatever is beneath it.

As mentioned I respect differing views but I do not see personal static tiltbacks as nonsense or useless. As we all know, being sitware is crucial to this sport & the more sitware, the more we can explore the design limitations..or not. One of the ways is via personalized static tiltbacks in this case. Making general statements isn't very "useful" nor helpful  either, IMO ofcos.

I can't speak for others, but personally I'm glad we have choices & options within choices. For me its akin to SuperAuto Espresso makers v manual machines. Nothing against SuperAutos as they make can make good coffee but there's no disputing which makes the best cuppa java, provided the operator is knowledgeable & skilled ofcos. 

Tomato or Tomaatoe, you choose.

• Like 1