Ruberizing kingsong pedals

Cloud

13 minutes ago, lizardmech said:

I tried both, grip tape fell of my generic, now I have worn through about 60% of the rubber. Did you do anything to the pedal to prepare it? I sanded mine a little but it did not seem to have much effect.

Use rubber contact cement to stick the grip tape in place.

2 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Use rubber contact cement to stick the grip tape in place.

Hmm , maybe the grip tape was the wrong kind.  Mine stuck to the pedals beutifully. I actually wrapped it around the pedal a little so it sticks better

10 hours ago, lizardmech said:

I tried both, grip tape fell of my generic, now I have worn through about 60% of the rubber. Did you do anything to the pedal to prepare it? I sanded mine a little but it did not seem to have much effect.

Maybe try Traffic Paint as found on Concrete and Decks?  I always clean surfaces with Rubbing Alcohol before applying tape or paint just to assure there are no dirt or oils on there.

7 hours ago, SlowMo said:

I cannot find a source for the grip tape so I used these. 

Here is a source: http://www.autozone.com/sealants-glues-adhesives-and-tape/tape/magic-mounts-non-slip-tape/120877_0_0/

This is what I used, and it does not seem like it will come off unless I pull it off.

7 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

Construction adhesive should do the trick, but the sandpaper will wear away and you will still have the adhesive be there. Paper not weather/water proof, have any cloth sandpaper?

I dont think anyone woukd ride the wheel in a heavy rain. In light rain, yes anything will wear away over time, and then it can be reapplied. It should take a while though. I wouldnt put any additional layer of adhesive just for the purpose of the grip tape to stick on the pedal. Id choose grip tape that sticks. You should be able to remove it later with most adhesive to stay on the tape ( i did it a week ago and the adhesive came off the wheel and stayed on the tape). Even if adhesive stays on the pedal i am sure it can be scraped off

Archived