EUCWorld battery level 16XS

Tawpie

I've a new 16XS (yes, half a battery, it was on purpose) and at this moment EUCWorld says I have 40% remaining (34.5 miles since 100%, pack voltage 74.5). The KingSong app says 58% (55.5 km since 100%, pack voltage 74.48V). DarknessBot says 100% so it's evident DarknessBot isn't with the program.

Does anyone know if I should believe EUCWorld over the KingSong app? It seems like one is calculating the percentage remaining as if the pack was the full 1556KWH and the other is aware that my wheel only has half the X's battery capacity.

(I'm learning so I go very slowly on flat pavement, and I don't weigh much. So for the present anyway, my range is abnormally high)

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Darknessbot possibly defaults to a 67.2V wheel, so any voltage above that might count as 100%. Maybe there's a setting somewhere where you can switch what wheel type it expects (you want 84V)? Or it simply does not work at all for some other reason.

drkbot allows u to specify the batt capacity so u get "accurate" readings on different wheels. chk device settings and set batt to 756wh...

Edited by amelanso

Thanks, that makes good sense. Having spent time as both a hardware and firmware person in the portable power biz I somewhat naively assumed remaining charge would have been sourced from a fuel gauge (coulomb counter) on the BMU but they do cost a buck a part. 

Darknessbot is set to 750WH, so there’s an app problem there. EUCWorld is set to the optimized battery algorithm and I haven’t looked at what the standard algo reports. 

net net is that the apps’s view of remaining charge is “indication only”, being neither calibrated nor precise. Not a problem as long as it’s known.

(I believe the 16X has an 84V battery these days, at 77% on all the apps it’s 78.4V. If not I need to quick move the thing outside!)

• 3 months later...

Coming back to this topic, is it normal that on a 16X with 72.5V KingSong app says 47% battery charge and EUC World (with battery level averaging turned on) states 26%?

Ok for different interpolation methods but more than 20% of difference seems a little bit too much to me... Any comments? thanks

For EUC World I ended up switching to the non-optimized battery algorithm and it tracks the KS app better. DarknessBot is still broken and stuck at 100%. NOTE: if you have csv or tour logging 'active' in EUC World, you won't be able to switch algorithms. Stop logging csv and stop your tour, then you should have the option to switch.

• Like 1