Finally as "one" with the wheel

16 hours ago, scotchtape said:

I felt that way, and then I realized how a faceplant could happen at any time and now I no longer feel that way :)

As much as I really enjoy riding, MSX is probably going to be my first and last big wheel, I will stick to small and slow wheels where falling off is not a recipe for disaster!

The sherman never let e down, how much I abuse it. Only road conditions wanted me on to the field few times, and I had to wrestle it through the turn. I made it with a inch or two at breaking. Phuh. Havnt been in those speeds since. Beep is there for reminders and I have heard it only once since. Power has to be respected. Its a 2 way Karma. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2020 at 7:47 AM, Scottie said:
On 10/10/2020 at 3:48 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

The joy where you don't worry, you dont have to focus and you can just soak in the feeling while having your hands and eyes and ears free to once again enjoy everything else. Its like a freaking nature walk on steroids!

Amazingly, I just got back from a ride like that. I started at 3:30 AM and rode til 6 AM and owned the town, going anywhere I desired, like a breeze flowing around with no concerns for traffic or any other people related things. It was pure freedom.

I just got back from another one of these great rides on the 16X from 4:30 AM to 7 AM. It is Thanksgiving Holiday morning here in the USA and the street traffic was very quiet. The temperature was very cool, but not quite to the point of being cold. It had just finished raining a lot and streets were wet ... felt like I was riding around in one of @Mike Sacristan videos (not making fun Mike, just observing that you get your share of rain too :efee8319ab:). I was doing some more exploring, and stopping to rest here and there, looking at the familiar scenery from completely new vantage points. This is one of the beautiful things about a wheel ... the access to so many places you would not bother with in a car or even on a bicycle. I was thinking and feeling that an EUC is more of a magic carpet rather than a flying broom

On 10/15/2020 at 12:56 AM, MikieSWE said:

It wasn't there anymore. I just went freely where my mind took me.

Fortunately there was some of this going on for me. After all, I was on a magic carpet!

And while on this Zen ride, with my mind in one of those free states, I was able to solve a serious problem (one that fellow wheel people can relate to). I was riding along thinking, "Why can't a complete my V11 order using the PayPal checkout"? I used the same procedures as before. Then in this clear headed moment I remembered that all browsers have there issues from time to time. So when I got home I tried Chrome instead of my usual FireFox, and PRESTO! Now there is suspension on the way.

I just enjoyed rereading this thread. There is so much joy in it from around the world. Thanks for starting it @ShanesPlanet. These moments are what we are looking for; except for the rare few that use a wheel just as a cost effective way to get to work. But, I will bet even those people are having some fun. 

• Like 3