COMFORTABLE DRIVING

Alessandro Mari

Hi guys, I have owned an Inmotion V10F for 3 months. I really like the EUC driving but in a short time I suffer from tingling in the feet and pain in the calves.
What do you do for a more comfortable ride? I also tried to adjust the pedal position (inclination / pitch) but I don't find the best solution.
I await your advice. Thank you!

For foot arch pain, I find that stiffer soles (boots for instance), alternating heel lifts, and carving all help. With more experience I depend more and more on the heel lifts and less on the shoes and carving. 

I can't say that I've experienced calf pain. I do get some stiffness in my quads, but it's probably because they are getting a work out.

• Like 1

Seems it’s different for all, in my case softer soles allows to move and stretch the feet around. I’ve done 200km in a day with stock (small) pedals wearing simple Nike Cortez and no foot pain. You’ll probably figure out what suits you. IMO motion is important.

change footwear, change foot position, try to relax and be like water, hear the sound of one hand clapping...

i was like water once and i got poured all over the road - then i heard the sound of one hand clapping...

Edited by amelanso
  • Like 1

The calves might be complaining that you incessantly exert them to maintain speed. In short, your center of gravity might be too far back. Moving your feet forward on the footplates might help.

2 minutes ago, amelanso said:

change footwear, change foot position, try to relax and be like water, hear the sound of one hand clapping...

No no, the sound of one hand clapping means the innertube cap is loose.

• Like 1

Dynamics-  When you see a mother and a child walking together, the mother walks in a straight line and the child wonders, jumps from one thing to another, twists and turns and generally runs circles around the mother. When safety permits be more like the child and less like the mother and your feet will hurt less 

• Like 3