5 foot positions to alleviate foot fatigue while riding your electric unicycle

EUC Addict

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I find that a lunge stretch can relieve foot pain. While riding I raise my heel from time to time. 

• 5 months later...

After more than an hour riding a 5-minute break makes a big difference to how my feet feel.

Another trick - pedals with a little give in them, I'll be fitting my NyloNove pedals to my V12HT and trying them out, hopefully they will be a little less fatiguing on my feet.

OK, I've had a couple of long rides with my NyloNove pedals and my initial impression is that I still need a break, but maybe a bit less often.  Today my feet didn't feel too bad after 2 hours non-stop riding, which is better than with machined aluminium pedals.  Maybe I need to stop and give my feet a rest after 2.5 hours using NyloNove pedals vs after 1.5 hours using other pedals.

Note: This wasn't a scientific test.  It was done with the same shoes, but with a different wheel (V12HT with NyloNove Pedals, RS with Clark pedals).

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 1/17/2023 at 7:33 PM, KiwiMark said:

OK, I've had a couple of long rides with my NyloNove pedals and my initial impression is that I still need a break, but maybe a bit less often.  Today my feet didn't feel too bad after 2 hours non-stop riding, which is better than with machined aluminium pedals.  Maybe I need to stop and give my feet a rest after 2.5 hours using NyloNove pedals vs after 1.5 hours using other pedals.

Note: This wasn't a scientific test.  It was done with the same shoes, but with a different wheel (V12HT with NyloNove Pedals, RS with Clark pedals).

You still riding the nylonove? I almost got some for the reason you mentioned, but ultimately got some e-ride pedals.