"E HALL" Error on Display

Scott Dorand

I have had 2 E-HALL failures. One at 2k and the second, on a new motor,  after 1k. Unlike everyone else the error presented itself when I was powering it up not on the wheel. Also there was no recovery after the initial error either time. On my third and far more expensive motor now. 

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...

eWheels thought my problem was 75% something wrong with the control board and 25% chance something wrong with the motor. They sent me a new control board (I bought it) and I got it installed. I just rode 44.1 miles yesterday and everything went great. So far so good.

@gon2fast You may want to consider that your problem may be the control board and not the motor.

I rode another 42 miles on 09/03 with no problems as well.

Edited by Bridgeboy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2023 at 1:06 AM, gon2fast said:

E-HALL failures
on a new motor

For posterity: beware some EUC models use a rim with magnets offset to one side... so if the rim is assembled in the wrong orientation to the motor stator, there will be an excessive gap between the magnets and the sensor, and E-HALL will result. Flip the rim over! 

SherMax example below: 

ADCreHervUx7-H6QQso3b_sqU40BzZze4DGSL20c

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Just swapped axle and first time turned wheel on and I have e-hall error. Half turn I see speed working and sensors are  working but I also have 111 combination amongs other during this half of turn

Other half of turn I don't have speed and hall sensors not working...

I hope you understand what I mean 

Help guys

On 10/30/2023 at 2:53 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

For posterity: beware some EUC models use a rim with magnets offset to one side... so if the rim is assembled in the wrong orientation to the motor stator, there will be an excessive gap between the magnets and the sensor, and E-HALL will result. Flip the rim over! 

SherMax example below: 

ADCreHervUx7-H6QQso3b_sqU40BzZze4DGSL20c

What is right side? Bigger gap on motor wires side?