Exploring Saddleback Mountain - Goes South

Marty Backe

8 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Does that mean it is an adventure when you have a 50:50 chance to get home unharmed or better even alive? Or at what survival rate exactly does the “adventure” start for us EUC enthusiasts?
I always thought of EUC riding with all its potential hazards and its well-temperate danger as a kind of “extreme sport”. I wonder: Do we really have to make it even more extreme than it already is by having a couple of helicopters on stand-by? I thought that’s what only back-country snow boarders were doing!

But the lesson I learned from this is to have at least one friend or family member be aware of where exactly I am planning to go and give him a call all 3 hours or so. And if this call does not come, have him search for me and pick me up (with a crane 😝or call for help.

Ha ha :)

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 12:42 PM, Marty Backe said:

I do have the GPS route. I'll post it in my Telegram group. Turns out that where we started (County Park) it was opened but after a handful of miles it enters the Forest Service and was closed, but we didn't know it. Fortunately the ranger didn't fine us considering the condition that we were in.

I didn't find the route on Telegram.  My friend who know that area really well took a stab at where the thought you went.

Is this about right?  That is some really hard riding on a mountain bike.

image.thumb.png.d3e323565ef901a4632c5c2a2d8c26dd.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Frear said:

I didn't find the route on Telegram.  My friend who know that area really well took a stab at where the thought you went.

Is this about right?  That is some really hard riding on a mountain bike.

image.thumb.png.d3e323565ef901a4632c5c2a2d8c26dd.png

As @meepmeepmayer says above, the map and profile is posted within the video. But here you go

Screenshot_20200920-173906_Geo Tracker

Geo-Tracker-2020-09-20-17-39-33

6 hours ago, Dave Frear said:

So he was pretty close!  Were you plans to go down Holly Jim?

I was planning on going down Silverado Canyon Road