Anyone seen this rideable uni?

drmrw

9 hours ago, drmrw said:

There is a few ones out there that have a seat and a steering bar... I suspect its too weak though and small battery despite their promise of 35 km range and high speeds. The battery size is not shown either. 

I especially like this : 

• One-wheel motorcycles maximum speed of 35 kilometers per hour, equivalent to 30 times the human walking velocity....

i didnt know human walking speed is 1.17 km/ hr...

otherwise looks cool...

I agree with @Cloud, I expect the specs they gave are less than honest. Also I would expect slightly lower range if anything for the same battery size due to the extra weight of the handle. Looks fun though, I'd love to have one just because I like weird electric vehicles and I'd probably get even more weird looks riding this thing around in public than my Ninebot. ;) 

I agree It's not as practical as a stand on uni. It reminds me of the Ryno which is super cool looking but astonishingly my ninebot one p goes faster! This seems very inexpensive for its size. I kind of would like to have one as well, I do worry however about parts, service, etc. however. At least the SBU3 is made in the USA. As cool as they are it seems like a more passive experience. I like the challenge of the stand up unis.

I'm thinking I'm going to buy my wife one.  She refuses to get on the Uni, but she said she would ride these.  I already ordered one from AliExpress, but the seller was a fraud, so I got a refund.  I think it would be ANOTHER fun thing to ride to add to my stable.

I did notice they are also having the BMS CutOut issues.  The newer models have a Small Wheel up front to hopefully Catch you.  Can you imagine the Face Plant these might cause???

More models: 

One Wheel 1.png

One Wheel 2.png

9 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

I'll be interested to hear about your experience! It would definitely be more dangerous to have a cutout on one of those, you can't run it off no matter how slowly you're going.

Yeah, all I can see is getting your legs caught up in the handlebar.

Here is a happy customer, he claims he really likes the ride of this one:

Archived