Brand New 16X Not Charging After One Ride... Charger or Wheel Problem?

rexdelmolvo

I just got my 16X today from eWheels, was very excited. I plugged it in, the lights kicked on and it beeped at me. I had heard the Kingsong wheels do this, and that they stay on while charging so you can connect the BT. The battery came around 50% full and I charged it up almost all the way to max. When it was around that time, I asked someone who was downstairs with the wheel to unplug it for me and they unplugged it straight from the wall without removing the plug from the wheel. I grimaced when I saw it, thinking that could cause issues, but mostly thought nothing of it. Took it out for my first ride, had a blast. We just had a storm earlier today so the air was a bit humid and the roads were still somewhat wet. Wasn't driving it through puddles or anything. When I got it home, I dropped the wheel very lightly on a messed dismount. No reason to expect that I had done anything to the wheel to damage it, especially with it being brand new.

When I took it inside, I let it sit for a bit as I had some things to do. Went back to charge it, plugged it in. Nothing. Tried both ports, tried unplugging the cord from the end of the A/C adapter, I tried different ports around the house, nothing. The wheel would not acknowledge that it was plugged in, and after letting it sit for a while and turning it on to check the battery, it was still sitting around the 90% where I left it. I tried swapping out the power cord for an equivalent 10A 125v cord (i believe those are the specs, might have the numbers wrong from memory but they were definitely the same), nothing changed. When the wheel is on, the diagnostics tab on DarknessBot/Kingsong app do not read like anything's wrong. I believe I'm on the newest firmware as well?

XVE Li-Ion Charger for EUC and Electric Scooters - REVRides

This was the kind of charger that came in the box, with that XVE brand. On the back of the A/C adapter, it mentions a red/green light on the brick that indicates charge status. I didn't look at it when I first plugged it in when I got the wheel, but it's not lighting up anywhere now. This is giving me hope that the problem is with the charger, not the wheel. That's probably the case, right? I don't think anything I did to the wheel in my first ride would have broken its charging ability.

I contacted eWheels describing all of this in the same detail, but I wanted to post here as well and see if you guys have any helpful thoughts on the issue. I'm new to EUC's, so I don't have any of the tools necessary to probe the problem myself.

Edited by rexdelmolvo

i notice on the xve chrger input voltage says - 200-240v ( does not say 100-240v). when i plug the chsrger into standard ac the output is 83.2vdc ( not 84v ).  is this just an oversight on the label of the charger?

chrgr should light green then go red when sending amps to batts. if no light snds like dead. test output voltage of chrgr with dmm - this will cnfrm if dead or not...

My 16X is a month old. Battery level is at  70% and 30%. When I plugged my XVE charger in on both occasions, the light stayed green and did not change to red to indicate that the wheel is charing. I repeated the same with another XVE charger and it was the same. Both chargers had voltage at the wheel plug. Not sure if the fault is the charger or the wheel. Has anyone with similar issue? 

@rexdelmolvo, I understand you had similar problem with your 16X also, did you manage to get it sorted? 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...