Welcoming my new Ninebot One P: Chelsea to the family!

fearedbliss

Hey guys,

I picked up my N1P from @Tim Haden from HoodRiderz today. I haven't ridden it yet but took lots of pictures and was setting it up (trolly, lights, etc) and checking out the mobo version and firmware etc.

Motherboard version is 1.3.1 so I'm kinda worried since the bots that have been dying on the forums seem to be on 1.3.1 (the green board) vs the older 1.3.0 (black board).

Interesting enough, the firmware that came on the board was 1.2.5... That was an unreleased version and I'm definitely not testing it lol... Updated to 1.3.0 asap. I already have like 30 miles on 1.3.0 on my E+ and it has been really nice so far.. Way better than 1.2.7.

The pedals on the P seem way better than the E+ since they have a lot of teeth for friction. The E+ doesn't have these teeth. Also the padding that protects the board is more premium quality than the E+ and I'm expecting it to be more comfortable.

The P comes with a way longer valve extension for filling the air.

The ring lights on the P seem to have been placed in reverse ... Light rotates counter clockwise as the bot moves forward. I fixed those.

Another thing interesting is that there is a "high speed mode" in the Ninebot app for the P that isn't available on the E+.. I'm already getting scared ;), it seems to come off by default.

I'll update you guys with more info when I ride it.

The album with pictures is below:

http://imgur.com/a/8zOp6

- Jonathan

1 hour ago, fearedbliss said:

Hey guys,

I picked up my N1P from @Tim Haden

The pedals on the P seem way better than the E+ since they have a lot of teeth for friction. The E+ doesn't have these teeth. Also the padding that protects the board is more premium quality than the E+ and I'm expecting it to be more

Another thing interesting is that there is a "high speed mode" in the Ninebot app for the P that isn't available on the E+.. I'm already getting scared ;), it seems to come off by default.

Ahh...high speed mode! Love it....can't wait until mine gets here!

@Aaron Corsi I uploaded some more pics below. Another thing I forgot to mention is that the recommended PSI levels on the tires for the E+ tire and the P tire are different.

E+ recommends 40 - 65 PSI

P recommends 35 - 45 PSI

http://imgur.com/a/Oa4YW

Good to hear the new design seems grippier, I think it looks nicer too. I do wonder though if it might wear down slightly faster due to the finer details in the tread.

The new PSI recommendations are curious, I know on my E+ running at anything below 45 PSI feels mushy and terrible, especially at cornering. I don't know anything about tires though, I assume the P tire feels fine.

@z3n P is 340 wh battery.

@Aaron CorsiThe wheel definitely feels more bouncy which I like.

I finished writing 10 miles on it (+ 3 miles that I didn't record today but it was about 20 min before I set out for the 10 miles) (went out riding with @vido). Temperature is 3 C here in New York atm, very cold. I'm 130 pounds (~59 kg), remaining battery was 48%. The pedals are very good in terms of grip. I didn't feel like I was going to slip off. The speed is insane, extremely fast, and I didn't even have the "high speed mode" enabled in the settings. I got tilt back a few times but not many. The speed on the P is enough for me. I don't want a bot faster than this since it will be unsafe. I already feel like this bot's speed is unsafe. Since I'm going at a higher speed, it logically takes more time for my brakes to kick in since in order to have a smooth break I need to deaccelerate at a good rate.. but even with a good rate of deaccelerate, you definitely need to keep in mind what distance you have remaining for the speed you are riding it.

Overall, I will have to change my opinion I think on recommending the E+ for most people over the P as their first Uni. The P is hands down a beast and an upgrade to the E+ in every way. If you are going to buy your first bot, definitely get the P (But I will be scared for you - legitimately - since as I said, this thing goes really fast. Use the speed limit feature and cap it to 13 mph if it's your first bot, and wear protection). However, if you get the E+, you will still have 90% of the experience.

I can also definitely feel the 800W over the 500W motor. When I go up some hills or need to get over a bump or something, I feel like it is much easier for me to do that. I can't even explain it, it is something you need to experience for yourself.

Lb4FbTu.pngHS5jew0.png

I don't like that the control board looks to be EXACTLY the same as on the Ninebot One E+.  I wonder if the are using the same MOSFETs as well?

Are the heatsinks at least larger?  If not then I think Ninebot has taken us all for fools with this product by putting in a larger motor without beefing up the electronics to support the higher loads and calling it a new product.

I'll be finding out for sure after I get mine on Tuesday.

15 hours ago, fearedbliss said:

Hey guys,

I picked up my N1P from @Tim Haden from HoodRiderz today. I haven't ridden it yet but took lots of pictures and was setting it up (trolly, lights, etc) and checking out the mobo version and firmware etc.

Motherboard version is 1.3.1 so I'm kinda worried since the bots that have been dying on the forums seem to be on 1.3.1 (the green board) vs the older 1.3.0 (black board).

Interesting enough, the firmware that came on the board was 1.2.5... That was an unreleased version and I'm definitely not testing it lol... Updated to 1.3.0 asap. I already have like 30 miles on 1.3.0 on my E+ and it has been really nice so far.. Way better than 1.2.7.

The pedals on the P seem way better than the E+ since they have a lot of teeth for friction. The E+ doesn't have these teeth. Also the padding that protects the board is more premium quality than the E+ and I'm expecting it to be more comfortable.

The P comes with a way longer valve extension for filling the air.

The ring lights on the P seem to have been placed in reverse ... Light rotates counter clockwise as the bot moves forward. I fixed those.

I'll update you guys with more info when I ride it.

The album with pictures is below:

http://imgur.com/a/8zOp6

- Jonathan

Is that on the android app? I didn't notice it on mine. Where can you find it? I didn't enable anything and it already will hit 26 or 27 kph but there is kickback when I hit it.

3 minutes ago, fearedbliss said:

@drmrwYup it's on the Android app (V 3.1.6R).

what is the name of the ninebot app you're using? I'm looking at ninedroid on google play and it says version 2.1.6 in google play store.

I got it feared bliss, I was using the ninedroid app...

I'm going to test high speed mode when I get home. I was using the ninedroid app, not the ninebot app. I'm curious to see what the difference is if any. I personally didn't find the 26kph (16mph) to be all that fast, but that's just me. I'll post later when I get home. ok tested it. No faster than it was before.

17 hours ago, fearedbliss said:

Didn't pay attention so far but after having read you I've checked mine and it is the same actually.
Ps: Also looking at your pics, I note that your S/N is again N10 something like the first 9B1 E...????!!!!
Thanks anyway for this detailed review and ENJOY!

16 hours ago, fearedbliss said:

@z3n P is 340 wh battery.

@Aaron CorsiThe wheel definitely feels more bouncy which I like.

I finished writing 10 miles on it (+ 3 miles that I didn't record today but it was about 20 min before I set out for the 10 miles) (went out riding with @vido). Temperature is 3 C here in New York atm, very cold. I'm 130 pounds (~59 kg), remaining battery was 48%. The pedals are very good in terms of grip. I didn't feel like I was going to slip off. The speed is insane, extremely fast, and I didn't even have the "high speed mode" enabled in the settings. I got tilt back a few times but not many. The speed on the P is enough for me. I don't want a bot faster than this since it will be unsafe. I already feel like this bot's speed is unsafe. Since I'm going at a higher speed, it logically takes more time for my brakes to kick in since in order to have a smooth break I need to deaccelerate at a good rate.. but even with a good rate of deaccelerate, you definitely need to keep in mind what distance you have remaining for the speed you are riding it.

Overall, I will have to change my opinion I think on recommending the E+ for most people over the P as their first Uni. The P is hands down a beast and an upgrade to the E+ in every way. If you are going to buy your first bot, definitely get the P (But I will be scared for you - legitimately - since as I said, this thing goes really fast. Use the speed limit feature and cap it to 13 mph if it's your first bot, and wear protection). However, if you get the E+, you will still have 90% of the experience.

I can also definitely feel the 800W over the 500W motor. When I go up some hills or need to get over a bump or something, I feel like it is much easier for me to do that. I can't even explain it, it is something you need to experience for yourself.

Lb4FbTu.pngHS5jew0.png

it is possible to set a maximum speed of 13? thanks for pictures :-)

Just now, JesperF said:

it is possible to set a maximum speed of 13? thanks for pictures :-)

Yea it should be using the speed limit in the settings menu. You can enable/disable it by pressing the speed limit icon on the bottom left of the app.

On 11/30/2015, 6:20:22, fearedbliss said:

do not really understand how to answer correctly , so it's a little messy sorry . and excuse my bad english

It would really make a difference to me whether you can set it to 20 km / h or 13 mph because of legislation in DK Thanks

I've got the theory that the latest motherboard blowouts on some E+ from firmware updates are because they are using the same motherboard on the P and just adjusting the firmware to deliver more power to the motor. On the P it does the job, on the E+ it blows the motherboard.

Archived