KS-18XL Beeper not working

seage

So i went out for a little charger scouting ride tonight and everything was going well till we got caught in a freak rain storm. It came down pretty hard, but we found shelter for a bit, then rode again. It came down again later but much lighter and for a short period of time. Later on when lifting my wheel i noticed i didnt hear the beep it normally makes. Later when i turned it off and on i noticed it was silent. When i got home later i recorded it, but what i noticed was, when connecting euc world, normally the XL beeps like 39 times, as some of you know. Well i heard it, but it was SUPER quiet and muffled. Im wondering if somehow i got water on the speaker? I assumed the speaker for the beeping was on the motherboard. Anyways, the wheel still runs perfectly but that speaker is out. Has anyone had this? Do i need to wait for the internals to completely dry? One thing i wonder about tho is, will i still get my warnings? Ive never ridden to a low battery warning with the kingsong voice alerts. They are on, but they only tell me when im speeding. Does it say "low voltage" or something? Or does it just beep at low battery? Because if it beeps, im screwed, lol. 

3 hours ago, seage said:

Im wondering if somehow i got water on the speaker?

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 I would say yes:whistling: Or maybe just moisture is enough?

3 hours ago, seage said:

I assumed the speaker for the beeping was on the motherboard.

No, it's the usual separate piezo beeper. You can see it's position here (timecode at 1:08), small white thing above the actual speaker, right at the bottom of the video thumbnail:

I would also say: dry your wheel and see what happens.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

Im stupid. For some reason in my head, i couldnt remember what that bloody speaker looked like. So i was imagining two of those lil annoying beep things as the regular speakers. Thats an easy replacement, at least. 

I had to open it up. It was really wet inside.  So i left it open for a few hours. Dried it off and the beepers came back and its working properly again. Stupid rain. Bout to seal it better or use the magic of plastic bags