Where can I buy a replacement KS16s tyre in the UK ?

Gasmantle

1 minute ago, StuartL said:

Do you want to stick with the original tyre or substitute with an alternative?  If you want to change it what's your onroad/offroad focus?

To be honest I'm pretty desperate for a replacement just to get back on the road so I'd take pretty much anything.

My main use is on roads / pavements with very little off road use so the original tyre was fine but I'd be happy with an alternative if that's all I can get.

If you're that desperate you can pick up a 16" 2.125" tyre from pretty much anywhere (eBay, Amazon, cycle shops, etc).  It may not be perfect (it'll be a little narrow) but it's also likely to be VERY cheap (<£10) and can tide you over until you have chance to find a more suitable match.  There's a lot of tyre posts on this forum that I'm sure can give specific recommendations.

The biggest thing to be aware of is that you don't want a motorcycle tyre unless you adjust your tyre specs accordingly.  Bicycle tyres (and EUC tyres) are usually measured as the outside rolling diameter (or some normal representation of it) whereas motorcycle tyres are measured at the rim diameter (which makes WAY more sense :D).

Typically bicycle tyres are written as diameter x width (16x2.50), motorcycle tyres are written as width-diameter (250-16).  These are not the same tyre :D  The equivalent motorcycle tyre would be 2.50-12.

• Like 1

It occurs to me that I have the used tyre from the V10F here.  It's in pretty reasonable nick and is a 16x2.4" (64-305).  I don't know for sure if it'd fit the 16S but I'd say there was a strong likelihood.  Since the V10F is now used mostly offroad I don't see me reinstalling this tyre.  I could probably Hermes it to you but I'm not sure how fast it would get there.

• Like 1

Thanks @StuartL

Will this kind of thing be suitable ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bicycle-Tyre-Bike-Tire-Mountain-Bike-16-x-2-125-High-Quality/363000058687?hash=item54847d533f:g:ilEAAOSw6spexn~h

It looks to have a very knobbly tread, will it have sufficient grip to enable me to ride on the road a 20mph safely?

I'm not a high performance rider so anything that will allow safe riding will at least get me back on the road until I can find something better.

7 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

It looks to have a very knobbly tread, will it have sufficient grip to enable me to ride on the road a 20mph safely?

I don't know, it looks like a very cheap mountain bike tyre.  I don't think I'd completely trust it but it might get you running until you can find something perfect.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lars Heeneman said:

i still have a few original KS16X tires if you need one i can send you 1 from the netherlands for 30 pounds including shipping.

thx,

Lars 

Thanks for the offer Lars but I suspect a 16x tyre will be too wide.

I've been looking for 16 x 2.125 but not having any success so I think I'll probably end up buying a 16x2.5 as @StuartLhas suggested and hope it fits ok.

Edited by Gasmantle

15 minutes ago, StuartL said:

Great stuff, many thanks @StuartL:)

I've just placed an order, it should at least get me up and running while I look for something better. I'm not a speed freak and do 95% of my riding on tarmac so it may even prove to be ok without needing to upgrade.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For the benefit of any other riders needing a tyre but having trouble sourcing one (or who just want a cheap basic tyre) I can report that the Kenda tyre as suggested by @StuartLis well worth the money.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kenda-Tyre-16X2-125-K841-Kontact-Blk/154011269116

Its not going to satisfy a hard core enthusiast rider but for anyone looking for something to do commuting on roads etc it seems well worth the £11 price tag. I rode about 10 miles on it yesterday and after the initial strange feeling of something new and different I soon got used to it and am amazed how much easier it is to do very tight turns on this thing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/17/2020 at 9:35 PM, Gasmantle said:

Hi all,

The title says it all, I'm in the UK and need a replacement tyre for my KS16s both the main dealers in the UK are out of stock and I can't find anything on ebay or Amazon.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Hi.

Hear in Russia we use only one way for EUC parts - aliexpress.com   :D

two times I changed tires from Ali after EUC dancing like this:

https://vimeo.com/364800918

I'm not sure that link for Russia work for UK but you can try:

https://aliexpress.ru/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20201119064627&SearchText=16x2.125+tire+euc

there are lot of different tires on Ali...