Morons with music

On 8/11/2020 at 7:44 AM, Antec said:

I used to ride with 1 Samsung bud in my ear but it fell out and got run over. 

Since then I ride with a Bluetooth speaker attached to my front strap on my ruck sack but only play music enough so I only can hear it. I never use my euc speaker (msp). 

But yeh blasting music is not cool and not really the norm in the UK. 

Another issue is i record for YouTube and having music coming out of the Bluetooth speaker is a nightmare for copyright stuff. So when I'm recording the music stays off. 

Il look into securing wireless bud in my ear. Maybe get a tether of some sort. 

oh, that sounds sad...

I used wireless earphones, but they are wired with each other, so I can simply put them on my neck like a necklace, huh. love them, cause I'm not afraid of losing one while riding unicycle or when snowboarding

convenient isn't it?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 12:53 PM, mike_bike_kite said:

...crappy rap music

.....these people.[/rant]

Could you say more about “these people” you are referring to?

Would it be acceptable if it were say, “good” [music of your choice] versus said crappy rap.

just wondering. 

Edited by Blicky Te⚡️la

5 hours ago, Blicky Te️la said:

Could you say more about “these people” you are referring to?

These people = people who inflict their musical tastes on others.

5 hours ago, Blicky Te️la said:

Would it be acceptable if it were say, “good” [music of your choice] versus said crappy rap.

Any music that's inflicted on others is bad. It doesn't matter whether I like the music or not. I have no idea what the crappy rap song was that everyone had to listen to during that peaceful ride down the river. It seemed to only have the lyrics "Yo mother f@ker" repeated endlessly but there might of been other words but they were lost in the distortion from the speaker. I'm probably in the wrong demographic but I do like a few rap songs "Remember the name", "Fight the power" or Dave doing "Streatham" to name a few.

Ironically,....... As I get older ....... I don't mind the music as much. I just hear people having fun and that relaxes me. When I was younger it was an invasion of my personal space. So, I have been on both sides. As far as the music itself, some music really is outwardly bad in the way that it sends a message that you should do things that are wrong. From vandalizing a "Pretty Little Supped up Four Wheel Dive" to taking drugs and killing people. At least some songs hide their meaning like "watermelon sugar high" and "Brown eyed girl"  Most people like my wife say> " I hate the words but I love the sound." 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 2

On 10/31/2020 at 8:40 PM, RockyTop said:

" I hate the words but I love the sound." 

Oh wow these words are exactly the thing that's on my mind. Sometimes that's the reason why I choose to listen to French music. I cannot understand any word they say, but the music is taking me away. 

• Like 3

On 8/11/2020 at 2:44 PM, Antec said:

I used to ride with 1 Samsung bud in my ear but it fell out and got run over. 

Since then I ride with a Bluetooth speaker attached to my front strap on my ruck sack but only play music enough so I only can hear it. I never use my euc speaker (msp). 

But yeh blasting music is not cool and not really the norm in the UK. 

Another issue is i record for YouTube and having music coming out of the Bluetooth speaker is a nightmare for copyright stuff. So when I'm recording the music stays off. 

Il look into securing wireless bud in my ear. Maybe get a tether of some sort. 

Would neck speakers do the job ? I sounds that it would be the perfect fit for what you are looking for.

I don’t like riding with music on. My wife keeps quite music on as a way to warn pedestrians that she is coming up behind them. I wouldn’t mind riding with the theme music for Knight Rider. But without the voice over. 

• Like 2