New Xiaomi Ninebot S plus can't connect to bluetooth. Help please

Hi all,

I bought a new Xiaomi Ninebot S plus from China and shipped it to Canada.

Since the unpacking, I was never able to connect to it through bluetooth, so it was never activated.

I tried all the methods online by resetting it, and try all different devices to connect to it, nothing works.

I use an app to detect BLE signals and there wasn't any signals from the S plus while the blue tooth was blinking.

I thought maybe some wire got disconnected when the item was in shipment. So I completely disassemble it. Well by connect everything back, it still doesn't work.

Can anyone help me and know what's happening with the S plus? Or is there somewhere I can maybe buy a new control panel to install it or even the entire battery set?

Thanks a million.

I tried both apps from Play store and the one from the Xiaomi app store. None worked.

The problem is there is absolutely no BLE signal coming out of the S Plus.

On 8/2/2020 at 9:39 AM, jojo33 said:

use ninebot app ?

6 hours ago, Weiyi Shang said:

I tried both apps from Play store and the one from the Xiaomi app store. None worked.

The problem is there is absolutely no BLE signal coming out of the S Plus.

is it genuine mini s plus ? where did you bought it? price?

maybe it's a clone

ok, i have just seen https://xiaomi-mi.ca/electric-scooters/ (im right?), i saw s plus is selling by banggood, officialy on the mi store, look the mi store https://xiaomi-mi.ca/electric-scooters/

banggood is a offcial reseller for ninebot, (ninebot is with xiaomi), before gearbest/globalgrow was an official reseller 

and which version of segway ninebot app have you? android phone have you? all autorizations are allowed to segway ninebot app?

could you check your app version, if is the last ,could you delete this version and use old app version? (log out your segway ninebot account before delete)

Look here 

Edited by jojo33

Hi,

Thanks for following up on the message.

Yup it's the SPLUS. I actually bought it at xiaomi from China and brought it to Canada.

The current version is 5.2.4 and I am running it on my Android 10. All permissions are authorized. I literaly tried all older version of the app by downloading old apk files. 

I really don't think it's the issue of the app, since if the SPLUS doesn't produce any BLE signal, there is no way the app can do anything on it.

I saw that post and the video. It seems different though. In their case, the ninebot can be detected by cannot connect. I can't even detect the ninebot (I guess since there is no signal at all).

Thanks again.

6 hours ago, jojo33 said:

ok, i have just seen https://xiaomi-mi.ca/electric-scooters/ (im right?), i saw s plus is selling by banggood, officialy on the mi store, look the mi store https://xiaomi-mi.ca/electric-scooters/

banggood is a offcial reseller for ninebot, (ninebot is with xiaomi), before gearbest/globalgrow was an official reseller 

and which version of segway ninebot app have you? android phone have you? all autorizations are allowed to segway ninebot app?

could you check your app version, if is the last ,could you delete this version and use old app version? (log out your segway ninebot account before delete)

Look here 

If you are connected please follow steps for activation

Please look https://www.mini-j.world/home/mini-tech-s-plus/mini-s-plus-review#h.p_Y318tu21IWze

bluetooth icon not blinking ?

is didsconnected

bluetooth module is into the fine, cable are near batterie

first contact the reseller

maybe they change for a new modele if they have in stock or they refund you

The icon is blinking but I cannot detect any BLE signals at all.

Well I directly bought it from xiaomi.com, so there is no reseller.

I think maybe the chip was faulty. 

6 hours ago, jojo33 said:

bluetooth icon not blinking ?

is didsconnected

bluetooth module is into the fine, cable are near batterie

first contact the reseller

maybe they change for a new modele if they have in stock or they refund you

Yes 3 Android and 1 iOS.

3 hours ago, wlalve said:

did you try with another android or ios smartphone?

3 hours ago, Weiyi Shang said:

Yes 3 Android and 1 iOS.

before open ticket with customer service, take pictures and a video with screenrecorder, with 2 phones, show issue with bluetooth, because they will ask for, before refund or repair, ask for a free return etc 

On 8/5/2020 at 4:44 AM, jojo33 said:

which app better to use old 4.x  or new 5.x?

I guess that's the painful part. The customer service from Segway in the US refused to do anything for me, since it was bought in China. The Chinese customer service people agree to do an exchange but I need to bring it back to China, which is almost impossible. 

Basically I need to get it repaired in Canada. I am curious if someone knows where can I buy the bluetooth control board (the one with the display on it) and I can switch the board by myself.

8 hours ago, jojo33 said:

before open ticket with customer service, take pictures and a video with screenrecorder, with 2 phones, show issue with bluetooth, because they will ask for, before refund or repair, ask for a free return etc