Chinese copies of branded tires?

Llorx

I've found the tire I want: CST 16x3 tubeless. THe problem is that I'm not able to find that tire anywhere and the place I found it the title has the brand wrong: CTS.

Do you happen to find chinese copies of branded tires or I can buy it safely? This is the link: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/33029159547.html

EDIT: Well, another shop with the same tire. The shop names are weird (The other one is 66666666 and this one 222): https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4000049627248.html

And this is shop 168 and so on... https://es.aliexpress.com/item/33055344081.html

I think I'm gonna pass :unsure:

Edited by Llorx

Spelling mistakes are common for Chinese sellers, I wouldn't skip an auction because of that.

The shop names are indeed strange, but they have all been operating for more than 2 years, and the feedback has been good. I personally would buy from one of these if I was looking for a 16x3.0 CST C-1488.

On 7/18/2020 at 1:59 PM, Llorx said:

And this is shop 168 and so on... https://es.aliexpress.com/item/33055344081.html

I think I'm gonna pass :unsure:

168 Shop was the place I ordered my H5102 as every single pic they had on the listing was a 5102. I recieved an H587 so wasnt best pleased. They argued the toss for ages, saying stuff like 'its a tyre, its fine' etc. In the end I got a 50% refund and settled at that.

I knew buying a tyre from China was a bit of a lottery after mrelwoods exploits but I didnt expect a listing with numerous pics of the tyre I wanted to arrive incorrect :furious:

So they don't send the tires they offer. I guess that tehy have a big stock of the same only tire xD

Glad I passed. Btw, the one I bought was a bit fail (waiting for tracking number and nothing. I just asked for a refund and got it, so no scammed). Now I'm with a taobao agent (superbuy). A more difficult process that simply purchasing a listing, but is the only site that I found that has the exact tire I want now. Also Superbuy sends you photos of the item when they buy them from taobao, so you can finally check that is the item you want. Kinda weird process actually haha.

Edited by Llorx

50 minutes ago, Llorx said:

So they don't send the tires they offer.

I have learned to make a crucial distinction whether they offer “a tire” and have photos on the tire I want, or if they actually offer the tire I want, like in the above links there H-666.

Since I first argued about receiving a wrong tire, some auctions have started to include a ”fine print“, saying that the actual tire may be different than what’s in the photos.

I guess that tehy have a big stock of the same only tire xD

They often order a tire from within a certain style, and the tread pattern can vary within the style. Don’t know if it’s the manufacturer or a broker of some kind that actually decides which tire they ship to the seller. But the seller doesn’t usually even know which tire they’ll get.

Which is why actually messing the seller whether I would receive the tire on the photos hasn’t failed once. They are not out to fool us, they just don’t understand that it makes a difference to those weird EUC riders...

Now I'm with a taobao agent

Be prepared for a hefty shipping price increase once the agent actually measures and weighs the tire. Shipping to Finland has been up to 55€.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Be prepared for a hefty shipping price increase once the agent actually measures and weighs the tire. Shipping to Finland has been up to 55€.

Woah, didn't know that. Right now I've only payed about 16€ and I thought that shipping will be about extra 20€ at most. Poor me xD

Well, if it lasts a few thousand km with nice paved/offroad ridings, 70€ total is worth it. The branded knobbed tires I was looking before were no cheap.

• Like 1

Finally! 27€ shipping. The "main" option was not 55€, but 80€. When I saw it I was like :shock2: but there was this 27€ option where it said low taxing chances for my country. The problem is that instead of 5-10 days, it will be 10-20 days of arrival time. Woah, glad I had this option for my country. 80€ is really really really expensive.

Lets see if I'm lucky enough for it to not be taxed.

EDIT: The packet size was too big for this shipping option... I had to pay extra 15€, so total shipping 42€.

Edited by Llorx
  • Like 1