Mten3 speed settings

I think I understand this but I'd like some confirmation before I break myself.  

There are three speed alarms that activate automatically based on the load on the motor.

Level 1 is 2 beeps and can be turned off.

Level 2 is 3 beeps and can be turned off.

Level 3 is ? Beeps and can't be turned off

Tilt back can be set at any of the available speeds but if it is set above the 3rd beep speed you may never hit it and might cutoff if you try. 

Is this correct? Anyone know what the parameters are for the various beeps? And what does the third beep sound like? I've not hit it yet.  

Thanks! 

Hopefully someone with an mten3 will pop up with your answers. On my MCM5 (which may or may not be the same) the 1st and 2nd are just speed alarms so I turn them off.  Tilt back I also turned off as I don't like it.  The 3rd alarm is on and you can't turn it off, it's 5 rapid beeps per seconds and is the 80% alarm.  This will go off at max speed/load terrain and ride weight and wind dependant, also the battery level will change at what point this happens, lower battery and it comes in sooner.  I never ride the beeps, if I get them then I back off slightly.  There's also the low battery beeps that are slow, 2 or 3 depending the battery level under load.

Test it on the stand, when you get the 5 beeps it will be at a slow speed when under load/riding and it will eventually cut off if they are going off constant.  It will also cut off on the stand too so hold it tight.  Or use two tool boxes or something to put it on.

I'm not 100% if the mten3 is the same but my MSuperX is the same and setup the same as the MCM5.

• Like 2

I turned off my 1st and 2nd alarms, can't remember what I have my 3rd set at, I'd probably set it low for now til you get used to the wheel, maybe around 18 mph or so.  

Mine is set at 19mph which I rarely see and it'll give be a little buffer for safety, some here cruise much faster on theirs, 19 is plenty fast for me on it.

Edited by RetroThruster

I dont think it lets you set speeds for the alarms. Just turn 1 and 2 on or off and 3 stays on all the time. For me, alarm 1 beeps twice with a full battery at 19mph and slower as the battery is used up. If I turn alarm 1 off I get alarm 2 three beeps at about 22. I assume if I shut alarm 2 off ill get alarm 3 as 5 beeps at some higher speed. Maybe 24 or 25 but I haven't tested that yet. I still have tiltback on and set at 36kph or about 22.3mph so I don't think I'd hit speed alarm 3 without raising or turning off tiltback. 

I think 🤔 

If you leave 2 on it'll beep until you hit the 80% 5 beeps. I turn them off once you used to them or they get annoying.  

In the apps like wheel log etc you can set different speed alarm that activate on your phone or a Bluetooth speaker. I use wheel log and get it to voice every minute with current speed, battery level, journey time and main board temp.  I also set voice alarm for 30% Euc battery and 20% phone battery.  I've set the speed alarm in the app 2mph more than what I can get out the MSuperX before the beeps, if I get the voice speed alarm something is up.

Did you try it on a stand or tool boxes so you can see it cutout? And test the 5 beeps?

18 hours ago, CGPro856 said:

I think I understand this but I'd like some confirmation before I break myself.  

There are three speed alarms that activate automatically based on the load on the motor.

Level 1 is 2 beeps and can be turned off.

Level 2 is 3 beeps and can be turned off.

Level 3 is ? Beeps and can't be turned off

Tilt back can be set at any of the available speeds but if it is set above the 3rd beep speed you may never hit it and might cutoff if you try. 

Is this correct? Anyone know what the parameters are for the various beeps? And what does the third beep sound like? I've not hit it yet.  

Thanks! 

it's  correct, the alarms are the same on all gotway wheels.

level 3 is 80% output and it's 5 beeps, it start beeping and don't stop until you slow down, if you hit it for a short time you can hear just a few of them, maybe 1-2

• Like 1

I’ve had the 67V MTen3 for about a month and it’s my first wheel. Sorry for asking what I’m sure is the obvious questions, but how do you turn the first and second beeps off?

15 mph is my typical cruise speed with friends and family on scooters, and typically, it beeps the entire time. It’s super annoying and they’ve asked me if I can shut it off.

Every now and then I’ll burst and get three quick beeps in a second and I think that’s my 80% alarm. Is that correct? I use Relive to track my trips and it’s recorded me at 21 - 22mph top speed.

I have an iPhone and I’m using Darkness Bot. I’ve messed with the alarm settings on there, but is there a manual way to disable the first two alarms on the MTen3?

Use the gotway app to close the alarms, two beeps and three beeps are the two speed alarms.  I only ever use the gotway app for doing the alarms and tilt back.  I only use wheel log for the monitoring etc.  Then test it on the stand or test it before to confirm when they come on then check it afterwards to check you have successfully turned them off. Also check the 5 beeps 80% works whilst you at it in the stand.

57 minutes ago, Kommienezuspadt said:

I’ve had the 67V MTen3 for about a month and it’s my first wheel. Sorry for asking what I’m sure is the obvious questions, but how do you turn the first and second beeps off?

15 mph is my typical cruise speed with friends and family on scooters, and typically, it beeps the entire time. It’s super annoying and they’ve asked me if I can shut it off.

Every now and then I’ll burst and get three quick beeps in a second and I think that’s my 80% alarm. Is that correct? I use Relive to track my trips and it’s recorded me at 21 - 22mph top speed.

I have an iPhone and I’m using Darkness Bot. I’ve messed with the alarm settings on there, but is there a manual way to disable the first two alarms on the MTen3?

ask sometone with darknessbot

i'm an android user, you can do it with EUC World or Gotway app :)

4 hours ago, Kommienezuspadt said:

To setup device alarms (on your Wheel):

1. connect wheel to DarknessBot 

2. Go to Settings/Device

3. Find “Alarms” and set values you need. To disable first and second - choose Disable for first two alarms.

4. Tap to Apply.

I just got an mten3 67 V and also have an iPhone. I’ve found that the darknessbot doesn’t always work to disable the first and second alarms. I downloaded the gotway app and that’s where I set the tilt back and disable the alarms.

i use the application settings in the DarknessBot to set a vibration alarm on my phone just over my cruising speed. 

I haven’t experienced the 5 beeps but sometimes I’ll get one  to 3 quick beeps and slow down. the app shows max speeds sometimes in the upper 20s but that has to be an error or an artifact from dropping off curbs or stairs. 

• 1 year later...

Whatever you do don't set an unrealistic max speed/tiltback! 

I just learned the hard way that the wheel will throw you off if you do that. The app will let you put in whatever settings you like but if the wheel can't keep up you will end up losing skin. Fortunately I lived and learned, no head injury, no apparent bony injury and no apparent damage to phone or wheel so all in all fairly lucky....

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DaveyT86 said:

Whatever you do don't set an unrealistic max speed/tiltback! 

I just learned the hard way that the wheel will throw you off if you do that. The app will let you put in whatever settings you like but if the wheel can't keep up you will end up losing skin. Fortunately I lived and learned, no head injury, no apparent bony injury and no apparent damage to phone or wheel so all in all fairly lucky....

Mine has one alarm set at max speed. Im not sure I could turn it off. It has yet to cutout on me, but I am VERY mindful when it beeps. Im also only around 130lbs. The mten aint made for cruising distance at speeds near max, so I dont even bother. It seems the mtens still dont SEND their settings to the apps. Just be mindful that your app may not update to the acutal mten settings, depending on how you last left it.