Msp BT speaker problems

Evening all :efef62fc70:, I've been using my msp for just over an hour now and the one of the speakers has decided to start popping at a regular rate. Sounds like I'm continuously indicating whether my phone is connected or not, its beginning to erk somewhat.

I thought I'd ask before opening her up and disconnecting the unit as I doubt I'm the first person this has happened to and hopefully there is a soft fix. 

Thanks and more power to you all. 

18 hours ago, Nick said:

Evening all :efef62fc70:, I've been using my msp for just over an hour now and the one of the speakers has decided to start popping at a regular rate. Sounds like I'm continuously indicating whether my phone is connected or not, its beginning to erk somewhat.

I thought I'd ask before opening her up and disconnecting the unit as I doubt I'm the first person this has happened to and hopefully there is a soft fix. 

Thanks and more power to you all. 

can you record it ? 

not sure i've understand correctly, it's a speaker problem ? or a bt connection issue ?

• Like 1

Hello, the the upper speaker is pulsing with a pop approximately every second whether the phone is connected or not. You can see the cone distort first out and then in.

I had to disconnect the plug from the board in the end as it was driving me mad. There was a little silastic to contend with but it was an issue. 

Back to peaceful but wobbly riding (<3hrs total euc ride time (loving every second (apart from the speaker issue))). 

Thanks for the replies, I would like to get a fix if at all possible, hopefully it's not a main board problem. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aleksandr Dolgov said:

disassemble it and check if the BT module is glued securely. i had to add a blob of non corrosive silicone sealant to fix it on a small metallic capacitor beneath

Was your speaker popping? 

9 hours ago, EMA said:

can you record it ? 

not sure i've understand correctly, it's a speaker problem ? or a bt connection issue ?

If I get a chance I will reconnect the speaker unit and record the pops. Oh, I didn't have any connection issues, it connected to my p30 no problem. It still connects to my phone so I can use the gotway app and euc world, only the speaker out from the board has been unplugged. 

• Like 1