HI every one

I have a problem with my ks 18xl when i brake and accelerate it strongely viber i've change a motor but unfortunately it viber again

so I've disassembly again and I saw the internal shall damaged any one konw were I can find a new pair of internal shell?

thank u in advance

R.

1 hour ago, roberto said:

HI every one

I have a problem with my ks 18xl when i brake and accelerate it strongely viber i've change a motor but unfortunately it viber again

so I've disassembly again and I saw the internal shall damaged any one konw were I can find a new pair of internal shell?

thank u in advance

R.

I replaced my KS18L shell in December 2019. I got mine from speedyfeet.co.uk. 

Just so you know what you are getting into. You need a silicone seal that withstand cold/heat/weather to cover the inside where the tire rotates. You also need a seal between the control board and the top hole as the heatsink is being cooled by the tire rotation. This is originally a foam seal and I found it pretty hard to not damage it when trying to reuse it. It was the hardest part to find. Mainly many just silicone this too. But then it is much harder to change control board at a later stage if you need to. 

Also big tip before you take of control board make good notes which is from and real and how cables are directed to either front and rear on left or right. 

Otherwise you have a 50/50 chance to end up with a self balancing wheel or self accelerating wheel (as control board try to balancing in wrong direction it has to do).

I would also recommend to swap all screws in the frame to M3-6mm hex stainless screws. You might have a few that fit M3-8mm but most don't fit the 8mm length. 

Also if you get latest structure you should be able to fit digital lift sensor switches but it depends on control board if you then need a pcb to convert digital to analog signal as not all control boards understand digital sensor.

So if I were you I would contact a reseller and walk over your options and what parts you need it might be a much bigger list then you first thought.

It took me also 4 months to obtain all I needed from 3 different resellers. And then I was misinformed by speedyfeet as it was not the latest shell structure as he thought it was. But I got my wherl together but had to reuse analog lift sensors.they are a bit iffy and hard to fix right since you don't calibrate these anymore since fw2.0+.

• Like 3