Is Engine temperature considered overheating at 62 degree Celsius?

Yc123

My ninebot one engine temperature as shown on the ninedroid dashboard as 62degree Celsius after about half an hour ride. It was indicated as red bar on ninedroid dashboard, is it considered overheating? What's your temperature like after half an hour riding?

My first 9B1 overheated at that temperature (143.6 F).  But it was hot outside then (summer time) and I was going up and down a lot of hills.    So far on my new 9B1 I've only reached 115.5 F after riding for 50 minutes.  But it's a lot cooler outside now (autumn).

My 9B1 got to about 155 F last week, when I was first learning how to ride. I was in an open field with some pretty thick grass.  It started beeping and would not stop until the temp got to about 149 F - took a few minutes to drop to 149 F.

I am not sure if it would have shut down, but since it was only the second day of practice, I decided not to push it.  The temp that day was about mid 80's F (here in Florida). I haven't checked the temp recently but I suspect on the pavement it would have less drag and would be much cooler.

Cheers,

Jim

My e+ reached 160°F (71.1°C) before beeping and shutting down during my testing.  As @vee73 pointed out, this is measured on the circuit board as it heats up from the MOSFETs.

The MOSFETs themselves are rated all the way up to a smoking 347°F (175°C).

Keep in mind that the magnets in the engine are rated for 80-120 degree celsius, depending on the quality. Overheating can result in a loss of magnetism. Also the cables on the stator are tight with cable ties. I read somewhere that temps below 60 degree celsius are very good. The Ninebots getting very hot in summer and sometimes wants to be cooled down riding fast or even at moderate slopes.

14 hours ago, Cranium said:

My e+ reached 160°F (71.1°C) before beeping and shutting down during my testing.  As @vee73 pointed out, this is measured on the circuit board as it heats up from the MOSFETs.

The MOSFETs themselves are rated all the way up to a smoking 347°F (175°C).

I think (but am not sure) that the 175 Celsius max temperature is for the semiconductor junction inside the mosfet, which cannot be measured (unless the sensor is inside the mosfet). The temperature of the outside casing will probably be much lower even at that point.

Archived