Ninebot S2 Charger light not turning green

BOTW

I've been noticing that the light on my Ninebot S2 charger never turns green as it should when the charge reaches 100%... It is not a big deal, but I am afraid to fry my batteries. Suggestions?

30 minutes ago, BOTW said:

I've been noticing that the light on my Ninebot S2 charger never turns green as it should when the charge reaches 100%... It is not a big deal, but I am afraid to fry my batteries. Suggestions?

How long to you leave your charger plugged to the wheel after reaching the 100%?

The green light starts once the charge current drops below some charge current threshold. This takes some (?1-3?) hours after charge % displays 100%.

I think I left it plugged for like 90 minutes, but as the battery was showing 100% I thought it was going to be fine. 

So... what I am wondering now is if I should wait for the charger to get green or if when the battery shows 100% I am good to go.

Edited by BOTW

23 minutes ago, BOTW said:

I think I left it plugged for like 90 minutes, but as the battery was showing 100% I thought it was going to be fine. 

So... what I am wondering now is if I should wait for the charger to get green

For a full charge and cell balancing - yes! Maybe even some time after the green led shows up. Depends on the current threshold of your charger.

23 minutes ago, BOTW said:

or if when the battery shows 100% I am good to go.

Once it shows 100% the first time the C(onstant)V(oltage)/saturation stage of charging starts.

This is the stage were balancing happens.

At the start of this stage the cells are charged to about 85%.

For more details:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/18317-battery-faq/

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/12650-battery-degradation/?tab=comments#comment-214089