What did they send me?

Cheers!

I ordered my mten3 from 4wheelpros. I went with the 84v/512. When the box arrived, all the documentation was for the smaller 420 version. By that I mean that the only non-Chinese language on the documentation listed the “capacity” as the smaller version. The serial number in the documentation doesn’t match the Gotway serial number stamped onto the wheel hub. The seller tells me that they sent me the 84v/512 wheel with the wrong documentation.

How can I tell for sure? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TimS said:

How can I tell for sure? 

Welcome!

I have no idea if Gotway has some serial number system to tell battery capacity.

Maybe someone knows? Or some mten 420 and mten 512 owners could compare their serial numbers if they'd find a system?

KS uses for example such a coding: https://eunicycles.eu/news/jak-dekodowa-nr-seryjny-monocykli-king-song

Opening the wheel and counting the cells in the battery packs won't give a hint as 512Wh seems to be 20 cells in series * 3.7V nominal * 2 cells in paralell * 3500mAh and 420Wh the same with 2900mAh.

Only chance would be if there is a sticker on the pack telling the capacity.

One does not want to cut open the battery pack to check the cells directly :(

Another way would be to measure the capacity while charging after riding the wheel empty. One never gets the fully announced Wh's but close enough to distinguish both version. Chargedoctor does not exist anymore. There is now the https://eunicycles.eu/en/home/202-chargeman-gotway-84v.html (unfortionately i did not notice any reviews/reports about this by now) or if money doesn't matter the Grin Technologies Cycle Satiator Charger.

Or depending on your measurement equipment just logging of battery voltage and charge current...

7 hours ago, TimS said:

The serial number in the documentation doesn’t match the Gotway serial number stamped onto the wheel hub.

That's good!? So at least it does not have to match the 420Wh stated in the documentation!

Thank you both. I was hoping not to breakdown the wheel unless I had to. Mostly because I wasn’t convinced I could tell the difference once I got in there. 

Anyone ever broken one of the mten3’s down before. Is the battery distinguished in the inside. Do you have to replace the pads on the outside?

thanks! 

On 6/29/2020 at 9:33 PM, TimS said:

How can I tell for sure? 

Look at the charger.  3 pin, 67.2 volts - 420wh, 4 pin 84.2 volts - 512wh.

Bruce

Edited by PennBruce

eWheels.com carries 3 versions:

• 67V at 420wh with disengage motor button and top speed of 19mph
  • 84V at 325wh with disengage motor button and top speed of 23mph
  • 84V at 512wh without disengage motor button and top speed of 23mph

18 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

My 512wh had the kill switch,

237236902_MTen3ESml.thumb.jpg.b4ae3325433323994ff1807402057167.jpg

It was also labeled as a 512wh model.

2890609_MTen3FSml.thumb.jpg.5c8f637819de624426c19c9e181a4c32.jpg

Bruce

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 5:47 AM, Michael Tucker said:

eWheels.com carries 3 versions:

• 67V at 420wh with disengage motor button and top speed of 19mph
  • 84V at 325wh with disengage motor button and top speed of 23mph

11 hours ago, PennBruce said:

My 512wh had the kill switch,

Afaik such modifications/updates can "happen" with each new batch. And resellers websites easily can have some delay...

But so, @TimS - 67V/420Wh and the 84V versions can be easily distinguised by max speed or just looking at the charger.

Once you know you have an 84V version, by comparing range/charge time with other owners or just analyzing these values should give enough "hints". 325Wh vs 512Wh should differ enough?