35mm camera and lenses to rid of *free*

My grandfather left me this camera. It was about a decade ago and we had it to a shop that said it works fine. Now, I don't know if it does or not, but it is a little dusty. Being 35mm, we just never used it. We wanted to, but lack of time and processing centers put a damper on our interests. Since acquiring a new dslr and moving on to digital, we now have this old camera and some lenses that are bound to end up in the trash, unless someone wants them. I'm not selling, only would like to get the shipping costs out of it. The bag is fairly worn and dirty, but Im more than happy to send it too. FIrst come fist serve for takers. After about a week tho, this will end up in the trash.  Pm if anyone wants it. If this thread is in poor taste, please mods, feel free to delete.

cannon.jpg

• Like 2

Cool! That's the same set I borrowed from my father when I got into photography 30 years ago. Made lots of nice photos with it!

I have sitting a similarly old Nikon analog sitting around. Still using the old lenses but my F-90 and F-100 bodies just collect dust.

• Like 1

They must have sold a billion of these. I tried using the lenses, but I'm on a nikon dslr now and they just wont fit. I like to update stuff like this every 2 decades anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 3:55 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

My grandfather left me this camera. It was about a decade ago and we had it to a shop that said it works fine. Now, I don't know if it does or not, but it is a little dusty. Being 35mm, we just never used it. We wanted to, but lack of time and processing centers put a damper on our interests. Since acquiring a new dslr and moving on to digital, we now have this old camera and some lenses that are bound to end up in the trash, unless someone wants them. I'm not selling, only would like to get the shipping costs out of it. The bag is fairly worn and dirty, but Im more than happy to send it too. FIrst come fist serve for takers. After about a week tho, this will end up in the trash.  Pm if anyone wants it. If this thread is in poor taste, please mods, feel free to delete.

cannon.jpg

I couldn't zoom in enough but it looked like a old canon logo on the top.

You can find more details here if that is the case. 

https://global.canon/en/c-museum/series_search.html?t=camera&s=film

It looked like an A series to me. 

Cannon AE-1 I think. We're using a Dslr nowadays so this one just sits. Still waiting to see if wife finds anyone to give it to. I just HATE storing stuff I won't use and I HATE throwing things away, that someone could use.

3 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Cannon AE-1 I think. We're using a Dslr nowadays so this one just sits. Still waiting to see if wife finds anyone to give it to. I just HATE storing stuff I won't use and I HATE throwing things away, that someone could use.

https://global.canon/en/c-museum/product/film93.html

You can find the lenses too in the lens hall. Some like these analog cameras a lot. Since no spare parts are made some might even buy it to use it for spare parts. Same goes for lenses for this era too.

In Europe we don't repair these anymore at authorized service partners. How it is in US I don't know. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nice giveaway.
There are adapters to get those lenses to work on most Mirrorless cameras, pretty neat if you're into manual.
Depending of the condition and model they go around 20-80$ on eBay.
Else DPreview forum should have candidates :)

Edited by null