no gyroscope after motherboard replacement

Terra

Hello everyone, I’m having a big issue.

Couple of months ago I burnt a mosfet, so I decided to buy a new board (the new board is a newer version of the original board but I don’t thin it is the cause of the issue ).

Now the wheel doesn’t work:

when I turn it on the gyro doesn’t work and if I lean it too forward it immediately and roughly came back in the “straight/default” position.

this is the beep code guide: 

1. first speed alarm, 2 beeps per second 
  2. second speed alarm, 3 beeps per second 
  3. third speed alarm, 4 beeps per second 
  4. 80% power alarm, 5 beeps per second(continuously non-stop beeping without pause) 
  5. less than 7.2km/h, low voltage,1 beep every 2 seconds 
  6. less than 14.4km/h, low voltage, 2 beeps  every 2 seconds 
  7. more than 14.4km/h, low voltage, 3 beeps every 2 seconds 
  8. hall sensor defect, 2 beeps every 1/2 seconds
  9. PCB high temperature alarm, 2 short beep 2 seconds, tilt back to get rider off the EUC, tilting back and forward after stopped 
  10. extreme low voltage power on,1 beep 1 second,totally 5 beep 
  11. fall down,1 beep 1 second, total of 5 beeps
  12. over voltage, 3 short beep 2 second, tilt back when riding downhill

After seeing the video below do you think it might be an over voltage issue?

And what would be to solution?

thanks for every reply

Sorry to hear about the issue!

I would first triple check that the motor cables are all intact all the way, and make absolutely surely they are connected to the correct connectors on the board.

It is possible that while burning a MOSFET, the motor got damaged as well. Toasted (and hence shorting) cables being perhaps the most common issue in that case.

First I thought of a hall sensor defect, but it should start beeping continuously after that one.

Edited by mrelwood

10 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Sorry to hear about the issue!

I would first triple check that the motor cables are all intact all the way, and make absolutely surely they are connected to the correct connectors on the board.

It is possible that while burning a MOSFET, the motor got damaged as well. Toasted (and hence shorting) cables being perhaps the most common issue in that case.

First I thought of a hall sensor defect, but it should start beeping continuously after that one.

Thanks for the reply

So you believe that it might be a motor issue but not a hall sensor defect.

What should I do now? Buy a new motor?

according to the beep code guide it is an over voltage issue, are you sure that it can’t be a battery issue?

1 hour ago, Terra said:

What should I do now?

As I wrote in the previous reply, check the motor cables with care.

1 hour ago, Terra said:

according to the beep code guide it is an over voltage issue, are you sure that it can’t be a battery issue?

No battery issue would have those symptoms.

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

No battery issue would have those symptoms.

I just checked the blue, the yellow and the green cable, they are all connected correctly. 

is there a way to know if the motor or it’s cables are broken? (before ordering a new one)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

+1! Thorough visual inspection of all cables and connectors. Plus double check of right connections!

47 minutes ago, Terra said:

is there a way to know if the motor or it’s cables are broken? (before ordering a new one)

Measure the coil resistances between any combination of the motor cables - of the disconnected motor. Should be roughly somewhere about 0.1-0.3 Ohm (same value at any combination).

Hall sensors are a bit harder to check - of the five (thinner) wires one is ground, one supply (?3.3 or 5V?) and the other three are the hall sensor outputs. They should signal the three 120° shifted wheels rotational position.

Many detailed post about hall sensor tests and replacement should be found by googling:

site:forum.electricunicycle.org hall sensor

Measure the voltage of the battery outputs. Be carefull to not shorten the battery by accident - there is no short circuit protection at the BMS. Be sure to have the dmm set to volts!

1 hour ago, Terra said:

I don’t know, I prefer not to connect the battery again because the new board could break 

If you just connect the board without the motor (after the above tests) it has to work. Just displaying error codes or doing warning beeps because no motor and no hall sensors are found.

It cannot break by this if it was ok (and the connectors are right)

The sparks while connecting the batteries are "normal" - connect them without hesitation or get anti spark connectors.

So you can check the battery voltages reported by the wheel to the app.

• Like 2

Hi,i nave almost the same problem with one of my V8 last summer..one morning when i start it he lean slowly forward or backward depending in wich position it was and he stop like he is in balance but i can't ride it .

At that time i change mainboard from another wheel..he start ok..i ride it few days and one day it start the same way.

At that time i was guess maybe hall sensors is the problem..i have another motor but i don't try it untill 1 week ago.

1st i took the motor and i change it with one V8 i ride it now..i use it one day and it was ok..

I don't try to test again the mainboard as i was use 2 and i get the same problem.. the wires are ok,i think..i put back the wheel and he start the same problem like last year..