Jump to content

In Philadelphia, Looking to sell or trade a V8F


Recommended Posts

Hi All, 

I am looking to upgrade my V8F to a more powerful wheel.  Would do trade plus cash or sell the V8F for $800 plus shipping or local pick up.  The wheel is in great condition, I think I am a second owner.  Less then 200 miles on it.  Some scratches, but still looks good.  The wheel is awesome, I'm just hitting a lot of beeps as I am getting more confident and feel like I need something faster with greater range.  Budget is an issue in these hard times.  So I am looking to trade the v8f and add $200-$400.  Don't know if this is possible, but decided to give it a try anyway. @Marty Backe commented on one of my posts about a month ago that I will be looking for a more powerful wheel by mid summer, I didn't believe him, but here I am only a month or so into it :) 

If interested, DM and I will send some photos.

Thank you!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Hi All, 

I am looking to upgrade my V8F to a more powerful wheel.  Would do trade plus cash or sell the V8F for $800 plus shipping or local pick up.  The wheel is in great condition, I think I am a second owner.  Less then 200 miles on it.  Some scratches, but still looks good.  The wheel is awesome, I'm just hitting a lot of beeps as I am getting more confident and feel like I need something faster with greater range.  Budget is an issue in these hard times.  So I am looking to trade the v8f and add $200-$400.  Don't know if this is possible, but decided to give it a try anyway. @Marty Backe commented on one of my posts about a month ago that I will be looking for a more powerful wheel by mid summer, I didn't believe him, but here I am only a month or so into it :) 

If interested, DM and I will send some photos.

Thank you!

The Tesla V2 may be a good choice for you. A high performance wheel with a lot of V8 type features (pretty, trolley handle, ~thin, ~light weight) and a low price.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The Tesla V2 may be a good choice for you. A high performance wheel with a lot of V8 type features (pretty, trolley handle, ~thin, ~light weight) and a low price.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't see too many second hand Teslas for sale. :(

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just put the wheel up for sale on eBay and Facebook.  Here’s the eBay link with some photos. 
 

Forum price is lower and I think I found the wheel that I want to buy.  So if someone wants this for $800, I will split the shipping cost. 
 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203018985910

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2020 at 11:40 AM, Marty Backe said:

The Tesla V2 may be a good choice for you. A high performance wheel with a lot of V8 type features (pretty, trolley handle, ~thin, ~light weight) and a low price.

@Marty Backe I got a Tesla V2!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Fantastic. You found a used one? What do you think of it?

Yes, used one with 357 miles on it. Was waiting for the buyer of my wheel to come to my house to pick it up, went on the forum and saw a sales post for one that was posted 4 minutes before.  Jumped on it.  The seller dropped it off at FedEx today, should be here in 2-3 days and I will let you know my thoughts shortly after that.  The seller bought it off this forum about a month ago, tried learning on it for a day or so, got frustrated and it sat at his house for a month, until he decided its not for him.   Here's the original sales thread for it from end of April beginning of May:  

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Yes, used one with 357 miles on it. Was waiting for the buyer of my wheel to come to my house to pick it up, went on the forum and saw a sales post for one that was posted 4 minutes before.  Jumped on it.  The seller dropped it off at FedEx today, should be here in 2-3 days and I will let you know my thoughts shortly after that.  The seller bought it off this forum about a month ago, tried learning on it for a day or so, got frustrated and it sat at his house for a month, until he decided its not for him.   Here's the original sales thread for it from end of April beginning of May:  

 

Well done. You lucked out. Lots of nice wheels out there, just a matter of luck finding them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Marty Backe I just took my first short ride on the Tesla V2. It’s a game changer for me. The only drawback I see so far is the discomfort I felt in my ankles where the touch the sides of the unit, but I think it’s a matter of getting used to it. It accelerates like crazy, same goes for breaking.  It’s a world of difference from v8f and I love it. It was in soft mode when I got it. Ride it around the block and put on hard mode. I think I low the hard better. Can’t wait to take it to a trail to let it rip. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad you like it. Original owner here.

Dunno if the seller you bought it from also included the pads I gave him. I made them myself to fill in the gap between the top of the ankle and where the top of the wheel hits your calf. Should be placed above your ankle to prevent any contact of the wheel, with the thicker end of the pad down, not up. 

Or they got thrown out, eh I guess that’s fine too ha. Spent a couple hours making them, wrapping and sticking the pleather on (which is actually boat seat material from amazon, highly recommend) but it is what it is.

any questions, feel free to ask. I’m happy to see it appreciated!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Denny Paul said:

Glad you like it. Original owner here.

Dunno if the seller you bought it from also included the pads I gave him. I made them myself to fill in the gap between the top of the ankle and where the top of the wheel hits your calf. Should be placed above your ankle to prevent any contact of the wheel, with the thicker end of the pad down, not up. 

Or they got thrown out, eh I guess that’s fine too ha. Spent a couple hours making them, wrapping and sticking the pleather on (which is actually boat seat material from amazon, highly recommend) but it is what it is.

any questions, feel free to ask. I’m happy to see it appreciated!

Thank you @Denny Paul,

Yes, there are two additional narrow pads that came with it. I think I’m just going to keep it the way it is and see how it feels in a week or so.  Too bad it didn’t work out for the person that bought it from you, but I just took it out for a quick 3 mile ride and I’m floored. A great wheel and an awesome upgrade from my v8f.  
 

Quick question. While I was playing with DarknessBot, and the wheel was on, I noticed that the temp kept going up to 100F and the fan would turn on for a few seconds and get it down to the mid nineties and then it repeats. Is that normal?


 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As far as I know yes. It’s the gotway cycle. Fan has not gradient and it blows directly on, or very near, the temp sensor. So if you’ve got a warmish wheel, the while fan blows on sensor, instantly cool the sensor, warms wheel still kinda warm so fan activates and blows on sensor, on and on again etc. I’ve heard it’s normal from other people on and the forum and my mcm5 has done it ever since it was new. If it get legitimately hot the fan will stay on, but usually it’s just the on off thing.

should be two sets of pads but maybe one got junked I dunno. A pleather wrapper set and the crappy stock ones that I was tempted to throw out but kept and gave it with the sale. 

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2020 at 3:32 PM, Albatross said:

@Marty Backe I just took my first short ride on the Tesla V2. It’s a game changer for me. The only drawback I see so far is the discomfort I felt in my ankles where the touch the sides of the unit, but I think it’s a matter of getting used to it. It accelerates like crazy, same goes for breaking.  It’s a world of difference from v8f and I love it. It was in soft mode when I got it. Ride it around the block and put on hard mode. I think I low the hard better. Can’t wait to take it to a trail to let it rip. 

Glad you're happy with the decision to go with the Tesla. I can imagine the power you feel when coming from a V8? The ankle think will eventually go away. Just about every wheel it a breaking in period for the body. I really prefer the hard mode on the Tesla, which is super-hard.

100-degrees (38c) is typical startup temps. You can run all day at 65 and above. Yes, the fan cycles on and off a lot - the Gotway way :facepalm:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...