Any EUC riders in Houston?

dsd317

EUC's seem to be popular in California and New York.  Curious to know if there are any EUC riders/enthusiasts in the Houston area.  Looking to purchase my first EUC (Gotway or King Song 16" or 18" size) from eWheels.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Justin Pelzer said:

I'm in Houston and I've been looking for riders as well. Doesn't seem to be many.

Yeah.  EUC's must not be popular in Houston.  I'm still waiting for my KS S18 to arrive.  There are bike trails I'd like to explore in my area.

• 2 weeks later...

Interested in buying an electric unicycle but… It would be nice to rent one somewhere in the Houston area to try it out first  Please post if you know of a place that rents these. Houston Austin area would be great

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 9:58 PM, Cychotic said:

I am in Sugar Land area.  I am fairly new at riding as well.

I'm in Sugar Land as well.  Just waiting for my King Song S18 to arrive.  It will be my first ever wheel, so it will be interesting.  It's been tough watching all the EUC videos without a wheel to ride.  I saw someone in Houston selling a King Song 16x on Facebook Marketplace...but soon thereafter is was gone.  Not sure if someone bought it or the seller changed his mind.

On 7/21/2020 at 2:14 AM, Euchero said:

Interested in buying an electric unicycle but… It would be nice to rent one somewhere in the Houston area to try it out first  Please post if you know of a place that rents these. Houston Austin area would be great

I agree.  I wouldn't mind renting one to try it out.  I thought I saw somewhere online where you could rent a Onewheel in Houston...maybe they would consider renting out EUC's.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 11:12 AM, Justin Pelzer said:

I'm in Houston and I've been looking for riders as well. Doesn't seem to be many.

I'm down to ride with other EUC enthusiast's here in H-Town! Kinda hard being the only one constantly stopped and WOW-ing the unexpecting public. Haha

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Cychotic said:

Houston E-wheelers on facebook group has a few EUC riders along with all kinds of devices.

Hey....you and I are both in Sugar Land.  When are we going to get together?  So far, I've been exploring my neighborhood parks, and venturing off at Bear Creek park, George Bush park, and Brazos River Park (Sugar Land Memorial Park).

As I was leaving Brazos River Park today, I saw a couple riding their one wheel pints, but I was already in my car driving out, so I couldn't talk to them.

• Like 1

Definitely join Houston E-wheelers group on facebook.  They have rides every Friday plus other rides with the Houston OneWheel Crew.

It's the only group I know of right now.  There are no exclusive Houston EUC group yet.  If we get enough people, maybe we should start one.  Right now there are still only a hand full of usm. There are a ton of OneWheels.

Edited by Cychotic

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 8:20 PM, Cychotic said:

It's the only group I know of right now.  There are no exclusive Houston EUC group yet.  If we get enough people, maybe we should start one.  Right now there are still only a hand full of usm. There are a ton of OneWheels.

Not any more!! New Houston EUC Riders. 22 Members already. Group ride last weekend and another coming up Nov. 7th. Don't miss out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HoustonEUCRiders/

1st Group Ride almost 30 miles.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it being my first one, I have nothing else to compare it to.  I know it is supposed to be good on torque, but I haven't been brave enough to really test the acceleration.  I think I barely broke 20mph today.   I just really like the unique riding experience.   Doesn't ride like anything else I have rode before.  Making turns and going up inclines, feels so weird compared to two wheeled rides.  I'm still wobbling a bit when going fast, so I am constantly checking myself and slowing down.  Can't wait to start exploring and doing some group rides.

I have a powerful dual motor electric scooter (TW Phaeton) and that is quite scary, but its two wheels and I was riding that quite aggressively in a week, but I usually stay in the 35mph range when no one is around me.  Its capable of 55+ mph, but I'm not all about the speed.  Just being outside and riding is good enough for me.   Trying to sell the scooter now and I'm just going to ride the EUC for now.   It checks all the marks for me.

portable, fast and long range.    My 131lb scooter is not portable enough.

55 minutes ago, DPowell said:

Well it being my first one, I have nothing else to compare it to.  I know it is supposed to be good on torque, but I haven't been brave enough to really test the acceleration.  I think I barely broke 20mph today.   I just really like the unique riding experience.   Doesn't ride like anything else I have rode before.  Making turns and going up inclines, feels so weird compared to two wheeled rides.  I'm still wobbling a bit when going fast, so I am constantly checking myself and slowing down.  Can't wait to start exploring and doing some group rides.

I have a powerful dual motor electric scooter (TW Phaeton) and that is quite scary, but its two wheels and I was riding that quite aggressively in a week, but I usually stay in the 35mph range when no one is around me.  Its capable of 55+ mph, but I'm not all about the speed.  Just being outside and riding is good enough for me.   Trying to sell the scooter now and I'm just going to ride the EUC for now.   It checks all the marks for me.

portable, fast and long range.    My 131lb scooter is not portable enough.

That's awesome!  Welcome to the dark side of PEV's...lol.  I'm relatively new to EUC's as well and found that majority of my high speed wobbles came from inexperience and tire pressure.  The more rode, the less i wobbled.  I also found my sweet spot with tire pressure...which ultimately eliminated my wobbles completely.

Hope to see you at our next group ride!

9 hours ago, DPowell said:

The tire indicates 35-45psi.   I filled it up to 40psi.   I weigh about 205lbs.   That should be good enough, since I'm a heavy rider.  Right?

I’m not sure.  All I know is that 3psi made a difference for me.  I’m approx. 150-155lbs (loaded), and at 35psi, i get high speed wobbles.  At 32psi, zero wobbles.  I’d suggest you release pressure a little at a time until you feel a difference with more/less wobbles or until it’s too low where the rim could get damaged on bumps.  Also, keep in mind that foot fatigue plays a role too.  So riding often to build up experience and endurance can also help prevent wobbles.

On 12/8/2020 at 7:23 AM, dsd317 said:

I’m not sure.  All I know is that 3psi made a difference for me.  I’m approx. 150-155lbs (loaded), and at 35psi, i get high speed wobbles.  At 32psi, zero wobbles.  I’d suggest you release pressure a little at a time until you feel a difference with more/less wobbles or until it’s too low where the rim could get damaged on bumps.  Also, keep in mind that foot fatigue plays a role too.  So riding often to build up experience and endurance can also help prevent wobbles.

Totally agree with @dsd317 on this. Lower pressure is better. High pressure can result in death wobbles. Especially if you are going downhill and emergency braking like I was when I crashed as a new rider in this video.