Stock charger stays green for ~10-15 minutes before starting to charge?

Title says most of it. My rapid charger starts immediately but my stock slow charger seems to take a good 10-15 minutes before it recognizes it needs to to start charging. Is my charger going or should I be concerned with the wheel itself?

• 4 weeks later...

Rebooting this thread, wheel currently isn't charging with my 5A fast charger. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I should proceed with testing? I'm getting ready to check for loose cables now but I have a multi-meter if testing the charging port would do anything. @Chriull do you have any thoughts or know who I could ask?

I realize this thread is in the wrong forum... sorry about that! As far as updates go I took it apart and found that one of the cables seemed slightly loose. I disconnected and reconnected the cables and it's now charging! I'll probably wrap up these connections in some electrical tape to ensure a more stable and firm connection.

As a side note, this doesn't make 100% sense to me. When it was originally not charging and I left the stock charger plugged into it for awhile it eventually started up again. Not sure why a slightly loose cable would work like this but I'm going to proceed with assuming that that was the source of the issue and I just don't fully understand what the cable connection did.

Edited by nickysneids

16 minutes ago, nickysneids said:

I realize this thread is in the wrong forum...

Is it? This might apply to all chargers. We can move the topic if you want, though.

What wheel/charger are we talking about? MCM5? The loose cable is on the charger?

Edited by meepmeepmayer

19 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Is it? This might apply to all chargers. We can move the topic if you want, though.

What wheel/charger are we talking about? MCM5? The loose cable is on the charger?

I figured maybe this was better suited for the mods/repairs section but if you're cool with it here I'm cool!

As far as the actual issue, I'm talking about the MCM5 wheel. But the issue was found not with any charger I used but rather what I believe to be the cable connecting the charging port on the wheel and the battery packs.