[USA] Dallas, TX

Marcus Matos

Any other Dallas riders here? I didn't find any meet-ups so I figured I'd post here.

I'm up to two EUCs now: IPS121 and IPS192. I am now commuting by EUC daily and would enjoy some recreational riding with others.

I'm in the Richardson area next to some nice, paved bike trails.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Michael Vu said:

Bump. I'll be in Dallas this weekend and seeing if any Dallas EUC riders want to meetup and ride at White Rock Lake and around.

It would be fun to ride with you again especially  in a warmer climate. Hopefully we’ll cross paths in the future. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I get my G2 next week. :dribble:Can't wait. Still looking for decent places to ride. Just explored Arbor Hills yesterday. Really nice trails but a little crowded. Campion Trails are pretty good, too, but the last time I looked, the whole trail system was closed for maintenance. Would love to join a meetup sometime. Wish there were enough wheelers in DFW for a meetup.com group.

Arbor Hills is fun but as you said gets crowded. My favorite trail to ride is is White Rock lake. The path around the lake is around 10 miles and you can take the Santa Fe trail into downtown Dallas. 

I live next to Oak Point Nature Preserve in Plano which has some nice trails as well. It's not as pretty as White Rock or Arbor Hills but its way less crowded and there is plenty of trail to ride.

The most fun ride would be Critical Mass which is a mass bike ride every last Friday of the month. It's a group of usually over 100 people that ride at a slow to moderate pace through downtown Dallas and end up at a bar. 

Oak point looks like a pretty good set of trails, especially since it looks like they connect to Bob Woodruff. I've never ridden White Rock Lake although it looks pretty awesome. I'm definitely going to have to check that out. My drone group occasionally goes out to Flag Pole hill just north of the lake.

I'd never heard of the Critical Mass ride -- and I used to work downtown. I had to google it. Hmmm. I haven't wheeled at night before. Afraid of not seeing potholes.

On 12/20/2018 at 11:40 AM, Jonesq said:

Arbor Hills is fun but as you said gets crowded. My favorite trail to ride is is White Rock lake. The path around the lake is around 10 miles and you can take the Santa Fe trail into downtown Dallas. 

I live next to Oak Point Nature Preserve in Plano which has some nice trails as well. It's not as pretty as White Rock or Arbor Hills but its way less crowded and there is plenty of trail to ride.

The most fun ride would be Critical Mass which is a mass bike ride every last Friday of the month. It's a group of usually over 100 people that ride at a slow to moderate pace through downtown Dallas and end up at a bar. 

I've ridden the Critical Mass in San Antonio and Houston which are a lot of fun. I do want to come up to Dallas and ride critical mass with you guys sometime early 2019.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 1:30 PM, rwent1 said:

I'm really going to try to make it, too. Have a new wheel coming in on Friday so I hope it gets here in time.

Rats. Can't make it. Work conflict. But will make it to the Feb CM.

On 1/23/2019 at 1:30 PM, rwent1 said:

I'm really going to try to make it, too. Have a new wheel coming in on Friday so I hope it gets here in time.

Sweet! What wheel did you get?

3 hours ago, Jonesq said:

Sweet! What wheel did you get?

Well, nothing really impressive. :mellow: I picked up one of the Ninebot One E+'s that being dumped on Ebay for my son. Got it for $240. Nothing fancy but a good enough wheel for someone still learning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everybody, I'm new to EUCs and I'm dying to find some other ppl in the DFW area that I can ride with or contact from time to time with questions and recommendations. I'm in the white Rock lake area and just purchased an osdtrich t3 or maybe it's a T1 I'm not really sure as well as a KS 14c. Both have battery problems and are not currently taking a charge. So I'm looking for a used wheel for sale for 600 to 1k as well as anyone who might have a battery for either one of my other wheels. Anyone out there with some good advise for me please hit me up. Thanks

• Upvote 1

I have a used Solowheel Glide 3 that is still under warranty. I've ridden approximately 300 miles on it and upgraded the pedals to the larger V10 pedals. The shell has some cracks on it but the wheel has no performance issues. It also comes with a 3A rapid charger.

I'm willing to sell it for $600. Let me know if you'd like to check it out. I'm in the Plano area but can meet you up.

As far as riding goes, I usually ride with the Onewheel DFW group. The group rides Fri-Sun and occasionally has rides during the weekdays too. It's mostly Onewheels as the name of the group would indicate but they ride at a pretty quick pace so you won't feel bored. Checkout Onewheel DFW on facebook for more details.

On 3/15/2019 at 6:11 AM, sascha4rmdallas said:

Hello everybody, I'm new to EUCs and I'm dying to find some other ppl in the DFW area that I can ride with or contact from time to time with questions and recommendations. I'm in the white Rock lake area and just purchased an osdtrich t3 or maybe it's a T1 I'm not really sure as well as a KS 14c. Both have battery problems and are not currently taking a charge. So I'm looking for a used wheel for sale for 600 to 1k as well as anyone who might have a battery for either one of my other wheels. Anyone out there with some good advise for me please hit me up. Thanks

Hey @sascha4rmdallas! There are actually some of us here in Dallas that ride. In fact there's a meetup tomorrow morning at Valley Ranch, if you're interested. I learned about it from @Michael Vu. He's encouraging every rider in Dallas to come on over. 

It's hilarious to hear that you've got an Osdrich wheel -- that's my first wheel that I learned to ride on, but it's hardly unheard of. I bought mine used and I'll bet your's is the other one that they guy was selling (is it green?). It's actually not a bad wheel at all, for the price, and great to learn on. The battery isn't hard to replace, although it may be challenging to find a replacement. Your KS is a much more mainstream wheel so getting a replacement battery for it should be a whole lot easier. Great source for wheels and parts is ewheels.com. I'll bet they have your battery there.

My son and I have been riding a lot of the trails around Dallas and there are some actually pretty good ones. We did do the White Rock lake trails a few weeks ago (and froze our asses off), but those are nice trials as well.

Later!

Hi, I'm new to the boards, and would like to attend the meetup tomorrow in Valley Ranch (I'm in Irving).  Can you tell me what time, and where the meet starts?  I have a Kingsong 16S.  Thanks.

Hi @67SS,

Well, rats. I just now saw your message. Sorry!

The meetup was at 10:00 this morning but  I hear the group rides every month. This group is actually the OneWheel DFW facebook group but I saw EUCs riding with them as well. You can join their facebook page. They'll post the time/place for the next ride.

On 3/17/2019 at 4:43 PM, rwent1 said:

@67SS

No worries, rwent1.  I replied late the night before, but my post wasn't approved until the morning of the ride, so I didn't think anyone would read before heading out.  I'll check into the DFW Onewheel group, and hopefully make the next ride.  I'm also planning on riding in the next Critical Mass ride in Dallas.  Cheers.

Edited by 67SS
  • Like 1

I would like to come up to Dallas next friday (3/29) for Critical Mass and also meet you guys. I'll have a bunch of different wheels with me for all to try out including the Gotway Monster, Kingsong 18 XL, Gotway MTen3, Inmotion V10F, and Kingsong 16S. Also would be good to have our own ride in and around Dallas maybe Saturday and/or Sunday of that weekend. Anybody else up for it?

• Like 1