777Wh KS-16X

Stillhart

Anybody have any experiences or thoughts on the 777Wh KS-16X?  I'm considering getting one due to the attractive price and the fact that I don't need much range and don't plan on going more than 20-25mph max.  I figure I can always upgrade the battery later.

777Wh KS-16X have diferent (weaker/smaler/6 mosftes) mainboard. I think is nonsence 777Wh is realy low range  16x case is fat in my opinion . Take another EUC or save more money or take loan and buy FULL HD Ks16x 1554  Wh. If you weight is under 80kg take V10F i dont recomended V10F for people 110kg +. I dont understand you logic you have One E+. Now is time to go realy ubgrade = 16X, Nikola 1800Wh, MSX , MSP 18XL. All what i say here is based on my personal experience what can save you money in future.

Edited by DjPanJan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DjPanJan said:

777Wh KS-16X have diferent (weaker/samaler/6 mosftes) mainboard. I think is nonsence 777Wh is realy low range  16x case is fat in my opinion . Take another EUC or save more money or take loan and buy FULL HD Ks16x 1554  Wh. If you weight is under 80kg take V10F i dont recomended V10F for people 110kg +. I dont understand you logic you have One E+. Now is time to go realy ubgrade = 16X, Nikola 1800Wh, MSX , MSP 18XL. All what i say here is based on my personal experience.

Oh so it's not the same wheel but with a smaller battery, there are actual differences in the other hardware too?  That changes things for sure.  Thanks!

I'm just about 80kg (175lbs) but I'm scared of the V10F because I live in a very hot climate (115F/46C during the summer) and I've heard a lot of people say the V10F overheats easier than other wheels.  I don't need a lot of range or speed, but I know I'll be angry if it can't reliably do the ONE thing I need it to do (i.e. wheel me around).

V10F and hot + heavy weight = problem (is based my personal experience) Again im not against V10F is good product logicaly have limits by design more waterproof(closed case with electronics) more heat complications you never have both everytime is compromise heat is V10F weak spot.  

Good videos about this is overheat hill test what @Marty Backe make and i realy like his content https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQeDQAr2JgTSSujXThdlWxg.

MSP ,16X is best now early 2020 in hot climate strong cooling EUC. You weight is optimal you experience can be diferent many other EUC(try watch dissasemble videos) can handle heat  if you compare just operation manual about overheating.PDF file 16x VS Nikola 100v  is 16X overheat in 85celsius Nikola+ 65 Celsius this is oficial numbers. This is just numbers is based where sensor is located on PCB. This is example how hard is easy answer. Consider how mutch is waterproofing important for you if not 16X is winner if you are more trail oriented MSX/P  if you are city/transport  18L/XL ,Tesla. For speed/travel/comute Nikola Plus.       You Ninebot One E+ have 500W motor 320Wh is time buy 1500Wh+ just you charge in every 4/5  th ride you save batery cycles and money think about efectivity. And you trip/fun range strongly incrase.

777Wh KS-16X have diferent (weaker/samaler/6 mosftes) mainboard thats not mean is bad product. Just have smaler battery and logicaly have no need same strong hardaware(12mosfet) compared to 1554Wh model. Maybee is better with heat handling and energy consumation sounds logicaly maybee is posible add batery pack in future another 777Wh try ask you dealer if is possible to make this(without mainboard change).  

• Like 1

Thanks for the great, thorough post @DjPanJan!  This is very helpful.

The dealer says it's an easy swap to add the new battery, but it won't be EXACTLY like a 16X because there are small differences (probably the stuff you mentioned with the mainboard).  They say the feel is basically the same, though.  I will ask them if they have any info on the consumption and heat handling.

EDIT - Oh BTW, this is officially called the KS-16XS.  I found an old thread on here about it but there's not really much info out there.

Edited by Stillhart

There aren't many differences, but the differences make the 16XS quite unattractive in my opinion. I say: probably best to get the full 16X or something else.

Even if you put a second battery in later, check how much that costs. Probably much more than getting a 16X right away.

3 hours ago, Stillhart said:

don't plan on going more than 20-25mph max

Experience shows people say ""25kph/15mph is plenty fast enough" and then they buy 50kph wheels two weeks later. And you now already mention 25mph? You'll most likely want more in the future.

The price for the battery is $500, which is the price difference between the XS and the X, so that's not a concern at least.

I found this video on youtube; it's in Portuguese, but the translation seems to work fine.  It seems the XS actually uses the 2000W motor instead of the 2200W.  From what I've read about the KS-18L/XL, the 2000W motor is preferred, so perhaps that's actually a plus for the XS?

As far as I can tell, the biggest issue is the pitiful range (combined with the inevitable throttling at 50% of the pitiful range).  Speed is not a concern for me (I have small kids and I don't need to be hospitalized TYVM) but range might be.  If the range can be fixed later with a battery upgrade, it seems pretty tempting for my purposes.

I guess the biggest question I have is whether the 2200W motor and better control board in the 16X is going to be noticeably better than the 2000W motor and smaller board in the XS, assuming I eventually get the battery upgrade so the range is the same.

53 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

There aren't many differences, but the differences make the 16XS quite unattractive in my opinion. I say: probably best to get the full 16X or something else.

Even if you put a second battery in later, check how much that costs. Probably much more than getting a 16X right away.

Experience shows people say ""25kph/15mph is plenty fast enough" and then they buy 50kph wheels two weeks later. And you now already mention 25mph? You'll most likely want more in the future.

Maybe this will replace the 16S.

4 minutes ago, fryman said:

Maybe this will replace the 16S.

I think this is just a cheaper option for people who can't afford the 16X. Or maybe a way for them to use their 2000W motors now that the 18XL switched to the 2200W like the 16X.

• Like 3