Laws about driving on the sidewalk

gopixx

Just say you are a handicapped person with an extraordinary sense of balance.  If you take more than 100 steps a day you will have heart problems so needs to use electric vehicle to get around.  Once you pull the handicap card the rent a cop might be too scared to say anything.

Perfect post...just yesterday i was at an outdoor mall practicing on walkway and all of a sudden i hear "stay on the street or outer sidewalk!"

I looked at him and ttold him "rhis can't go on street(parking lot).  He reiterates outer sidewalk.   I moved on and went to a different lot.

In terms of places you can't ride are usually malls, civil building campuses (Museums, hospitals etc), government buildings and surrounding area also some parks.  Private property usually has their own security and has their own additional rules to the law.

Anything that's considered public property should be fair game..... in fact the majority of Segway laws in the US permit segways to be on public sidewalks. It is how all of these Segway city tours can do business. The EUC is in a grey area since those same segway laws describe a two-wheel self-balancing device. But with a slight change as someone has already done with the Seattle laws, an EUC should absolutely be permitted on sidewalks.

I was riding around the Texas State capitol in Austin at night when a state trooper stopped me. Explained that I am allowed to ride around on capitol grounds since "those stupid segways" are also allowed too..... he just wanted me to slow down.

Archived