Weird noise from 18l

Joker10

thats odd. Mine seems to make a similar noise at times, but its only when rolling and usually after sitting. I am fairly certain the sound i hear is just the tire rubbing the rim on the bead. Yours seems to do it on standstill? I THINK the only moving part in a wheel at stop, could be the fan? If its a cyclic noise when not moving, That would be my first thing to investigate. If you are REALLY ocd, you could always open her up and replace the fan while cleaning her out, just as maintenance. Let us know what you find, as now im curious if sometimes when mine does it, its not the tire, but also this fan. Fwiw, i notice ZERO change in ride when it makes this sound, tho it may be just coincidence we hear similar things. I guess we could monitor the fan's state of power and compare to when the noise happens, via one of these apps?

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Mine is making the noise even when stopped.  I have noticed it twice, but it might be happening way more often because I only noticed it when I stopped in places where there was no traffic noise.  I don’t think the noise is the fan but it might be.  To me it sounds more similar to the new weird noise that my wheel makes when I turn it out for and it starts self balancing since FW 2.0 was installed.  

On 3/9/2020 at 11:30 AM, Joker10 said:

Mine is making the noise even when stopped.  I have noticed it twice, but it might be happening way more often because I only noticed it when I stopped in places where there was no traffic noise.  I don’t think the noise is the fan but it might be.  To me it sounds more similar to the new weird noise that my wheel makes when I turn it out for and it starts self balancing since FW 2.0 was installed.  

This sounds like a noisy fan. But there can also be some noise coming from BT speakers. Just make a simple test and report results:

1. Open EUC World and connect your wheel.
  2. Open settings and select Wheel settings.
  3. Toggle Voice messages and check if this also toggles this noise.

Yeah, thats the fan. Mine does this in the summer which is super annoying. It gets so loud sometimes. It just takes the right bump for it to start up and ruin my day, lmao.

3 hours ago, Joker10 said:

The consensus is the fan.  It was just weird to me that it was changing speed like that.  I am not going to worry about it and just ride on.  Thanks everyone.  

Swap point of view. NOW your fan has built in notification. Itll tell you when its NOT working as itll quit making noises. haha.  I wonder if mine is also a little squeaky fan. Im ocd, so if i find it is, ill see about replacing the fan or checking for clearance. Surely its a cheapish mass produced fan? Would be nice if there oem replacement or an upgrade. I honestly didnt look, but it wouldnt be tough. I dont wanna open my wheel again, as those screws are made of non reusable paperclips i think.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Yea I don’t enjoy gaining access to the top either.  And one of the best attributes of the euc is the low maintenance, I try to keep it that way.  

Edited by Joker10