84V Rapid Charger 10Amp Fuse Purpose?

AngryJackPCB

When I ordered my wheel from Ewheels I got the 84V rapid charger as well. https://www.ewheels.com/product/ewheels-84-2v-rapid-chargers/

Since I'm still new and don't put many miles on y wheel I've only charged it twice. The rapid and OEM chargers  were in the box with my wheel. There was also two 10A mini blade fuses. I don't see anyplace where they would be used. Anyone ever have to use these? Is it something I should be carrying with me if I go on a trip?

18 hours ago, buell47 said:

The fuses are located on the control board. You must disassemble the wheel to get access to the control board. 

On the left side between the upper fan and the green Q. C. PASSED sticker. 

Screenshot-20200208-103118-Quick-Pic.jpg

Thank you!

On 3/6/2020 at 4:45 PM, AngryJackPCB said:

There was also two 10A mini blade fuses.

Are you sure they are 10 A and not 30 A? Please check carefully, because 10 A fuses can't be used as they will blow on first harder acceleration, causing you to faceplant. As fuses are colour-coded, 30 A should be green, as on the photo attached by @buell47. 10 A fuse is red. Don't use red fuses.

On 3/9/2020 at 3:41 AM, Seba said:

Are you sure they are 10 A and not 30 A? Please check carefully, because 10 A fuses can't be used as they will blow on first harder acceleration, causing you to faceplant. As fuses are colour-coded, 30 A should be green, as on the photo attached by @buell47. 10 A fuse is red. Don't use red fuses.

I thought the fuse was for the charger not the 16X. I'll look for the fuse and let you know, they might have been 30A.

On 2/24/2020 at 7:11 AM, quiksilver884 said:

Awesome Jack! You've got a few years on me but glad you're enjoying it. It really is like crack. We got ours about the same time but you were smarter to get a faster one. I got a cheap ninebot e+ just as a toy and am now totally obsessed and am already dreaming for something with more power. Just keep at it and be safe!  I've just started  commuting a few miles a day just to get some more time on it since it's hard to make time otherwise. But I've had 2 pretty good falls, one when I could barely start freely and was still learning. Didn't listen to my body well and pushed my legs/feet too hard and couldn't recover into a turn and ate it with no gear on and still have a sore elbow a month later. Second time I just pushed my wheel too hard and was fortunately smart enough to wear my gear  and just ended up with some sore muscles vs an actual hurt arm with road rash like last time😳. Just have fun and keep at it man, it will get more and more natural quickly

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement QS!

It is amazing how quickly you can learn this. I'm riding about 15 miles a day going over 26 MPH at times. I am getting more control and started carving which adds to the fun.