Using and Installing Helmet Mirrors

I may have only been on these forums for a week so far Bruce, but I'm still amazed (and extremely grateful) that you've managed to answer every single question I've posted so far! And I'm very glad to know that the mirror you posted on eBay is convex, because I already ordered that same one several days back without knowing if it was flat or convex. I figured for $9 it was worth taking a chance.

And Marty, please let us know (next year 😁) if the ones you ordered from China are convex or not. I should get on Taobao and see if I can find some with cheap international shipping for future use (I've got a few bike helmets I'd like to put mirrors on also).

For a time I have tested light helmets on which I have mounted mirrors. The best (my favorite) solution so far is the combination you can see on the right side of the pic. I have mounted one of the largest and cheapest wide-angle mirrors (convex, weight 45 g, flexible) available here in the city of Kotka, Finland.
Take it easy out there. Stay healthy!

dismason_helmet.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2020 at 3:04 PM, dismason said:

For a time I have tested light helmets on which I have mounted mirrors. The best (my favorite) solution so far is the combination you can see on the right side of the pic. I have mounted one of the largest and cheapest wide-angle mirrors (convex, weight 45 g, flexible) available here in the city of Kotka, Finland.
Take it easy out there. Stay healthy!

dismason_helmet.jpg

Holy moly, that mirror alone will lower your top speed by 10% from increased drag 🤪😁

Basically what im saying, it makes you safer from 2 angles :-) jokes aside,  You probably see everything CLEAR behind You 👊 which is not very common with those small convex plastic based mirrors in this thread (plastic with chrome layer for safety).

is the mega-mirror in glass? Hope not...in case you fall that could turn out really bad with the ....glass shards from mirror....vs....soft eye globes..

Edited by Boogieman