High Speed loss of Stability

pandvl

A couple of days ago, I was riding my Kingson 16S at about 20 mph and the EU platform started to get soft, and I started to fall forward.  I leaned back to slow down and the self-righting basically failed.  Shit went pretty much south from there.  I have road this thing without issue for 9 months.  Anyone else have this issue?   This is my second EU and love this thing for commuting.    It saves me a bunch of time on my commute but i don't know whether I can trust this thing.   My knee is pretty much toast!

Classic overlean. ;) The wheel only has so much power, it can't balance you if you push it too far.
Don't ride it that fast. KS16S is theoretically supposed to do 35km/h, but that's if you're a skinny Chinese with a full battery.
I'd be afraid to ride KS16S faster than 25km/h.

If you want to ride fast consider an MSX, Nikola, KS16X or KS18XL.

• Like 2

Were you riding with any safety gear? Because no matter what, there is a good chance one day you meet the ground be it a mistake, cramp, cough, or no fault of your own, dogs, cats, kids, bikes, people, pot hole, oil, or wheel failure. 

No one can really say without a lot more information, what was behind your last event. 

Hope everything heals up good as new. 

• Like 2

I hope you are ok - I just upgraded my firmware version to 2.0 had loads of connectivity issues and setting max speed- I have an ks18l. wow, busted knee, that's a bummer-get better