First World Wheel Problems: Leaves and Acorns!

dmethvin

With all the fears of crazy shutdowns maybe this is kind of whiny, but now that the leaves are starting to fall it's good news and bad news. On the one hand I can ride my wheel and get beautiful views of the leaves. But then I am getting leaves stuck in the wheel every 15 feet and making horrible noises. Then when I ride near oak trees I end up riding over all the acorns and almost losing balance. It reminds me of this clip from the movie Animal House. 

But the leaves sure are pretty!

IMG_20151102_103923.jpg

It's almost a good thing that my Ninebot broke as this would probably be my end. Some leaves and a wet stick, straight to hospital:D.

BUT I saw speedy feet test new tires for ninebot that are suppossed to have better grip.

I posted this in the Ninebot App v3 thread, but it fits here nicely as well, I ride through this trail daily and almost every time I have some leaves stuck that I have to get out by rolling backwards for a few meters (no, unfortunately not with me on it, yet)

PIa1PtTY7uDWPQ8_lvgn3sLk7XlfXbKpPRXkGgMe

5 hours ago, Viktiga said:

It's almost a good thing that my Ninebot broke as this would probably be my end. Some leaves and a wet stick, straight to hospital:D.

BUT I saw speedy feet test new tires for ninebot that are suppossed to have better grip.

THAHAHA - His handle broke too.

I don't have acorns, mine are black walnuts, about the same size.  I just stop,  pick up the wheel.  My clone runs like crazy when its picked up.  Nuts come out, I put it down and restart it. It's a bad enough I have stayed away from the nut trees. 

Maybe we can design something similar to a snow plow...  an acorn plow to clear the path. 

That was mild sarcasm, however I have no doubt that an engineer type will work on this as a Winter project. :P

Winter project ... makes me happy and sad at the same time. Happy because I'm planning to double the capacity of my wheel with a spare battery, but sad that I may not be able to ride for long spells due to weather. If the weather this week is any indication, though, I may be riding all winter! 

There are 3 solutions to this problem: Solowheel Xtreme, KingSong 18, and Gotway Msuper. These 3 are the only currently available off-road unicycles in the market. They don't get crap stuck in them, due to lack of a mudguard or wheel cover.  :-)

Archived