Ninebot C+ died.

Viktiga

Hi all.

My Ninebot C+ died yesterday. I heard a sound but i'ts dead and the wheel seems "stuck". Can't charge either.

Anyways I bought it straight from Ninebot inc's ebay page.

Does anyone here have som experience with ninebot inc. when it comes to warranty?( I know what to expect in the EU & US but not in asia.)

Thank you.

6 hours ago, SlowMo said:

I was told by my seller that you can go to your nearest Ninebot Service center for warranty repairs.

I wonder if they have a Service center near Oslo, Norway?

Anyways i opened it and couldn't see any visible damage on the motherboard. Added some pics in case someone else needs to know how C+ looks like inside.

I have also contacted Ninebot and will update this thread with the progress.

IMG_1695 (2).JPG

IMG_1696 (2).JPG

IMG_1697 (2).JPG

1 hour ago, Ed said:

Damn! Sorry to hear this happened to you.  

Did something happen to provoke the failure?

No I just pushed the power button, it beeped but no lights and the wheel seems "stuck" (Not rolling freely). It does not respond unless i plug in the charger then I hear a beep but nothing happens.

But I must say that Ninebot had better build quality then I expected when I ordered it. And it has worked perfect until now.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Do you have to send the control board back to Ninebot? Will you pay for the shipping?

No they just said that they would send it to me. I'll guess I might have to pay some taxes in customs but other then that..

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Viktiga said:

Received my control board today. It's 1.3.1. Anything I should know before I change it?

Very easy process to change the control board.  Mine didn't come with thermal paste to put between the aluminum backing plate and the heat sinks.  But I had some on hand already.  I also had to get a password from Ninebot to change my serial number once installed to actually get the board to work.

Speedy Feet did a video on the process as well:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eSIbLCJVzQ&list=PLN2A3b85jdnPpPLHHlYtgZLEVIFEcKwYU

On 10/31/2015, 3:05:16, Viktiga said:

No I just pushed the power button, it beeped but no lights and the wheel seems "stuck" (Not rolling freely). It does not respond unless i plug in the charger then I hear a beep but nothing happens.

But I must say that Ninebot had better build quality then I expected when I ordered it. And it has worked perfect until now.

Yeah, I'm curious to know if this fixes your issue.  When you say that the wheel does not roll freely, is it more than before this happened?  Almost sounds like a motor or bearing issue that popped the board.

I also am very impressed with the build quality.  Thought it was going to be too pretty to be strong, but it happens to be both!

12 hours ago, Cranium said:

Very easy process to change the control board.  Mine didn't come with thermal paste to put between the aluminum backing plate and the heat sinks.  But I had some on hand already.  I also had to get a password from Ninebot to change my serial number once installed to actually get the board to work.

Speedy Feet did a video on the process as well:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eSIbLCJVzQ&list=PLN2A3b85jdnPpPLHHlYtgZLEVIFEcKwYU

Yeah it was easy to change, I sent a mail regarding the code. (They could have sent it with the board to save some money and time but maybe there is a reason) 

12 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Yeah, I'm curious to know if this fixes your issue.  When you say that the wheel does not roll freely, is it more than before this happened?  Almost sounds like a motor or bearing issue that popped the board.

I also am very impressed with the build quality.  Thought it was going to be too pretty to be strong, but it happens to be both!

I'm not sure as I don't have the password yet, hopefully they answer before the end of the day. 

3 hours ago, playdad said:

@Viktiga

How long have you had the C+?

From June to the end of October. Non-stop driving, no holding it back and no problems before it died. I don't have any record of milage and I couldn't access the app as it is/was dead.

3 hours ago, SlowMo said:

How long did it take for them to ship your warranty parts? 

Not sure as they gave me the wrong tracking number, hopefully they are sending me a P by mistake :-). 

They gave me a tracking for Ups but it was sent with DHL. 

Sorry to hear your Ninebot died! Could you please describe the process of activating the board?

You changed the board but it wont work without a password? How do you get it and where do you enter it?

Thank a lot! Hope you'll be ready to ride again soon!

12 hours ago, One said:

Sorry to hear your Ninebot died! Could you please describe the process of activating the board?

You changed the board but it wont work without a password? How do you get it and where do you enter it?

Thank a lot! Hope you'll be ready to ride again soon!

I'm not sure as I haven't received it yet. 

Does anyone know if it's a standard 12345 code or is it individual? 

Hi. I have now received my code and I have unlocked it. Updated from 1.2.9. to 1.3.0. It worked without any problems for the 5km test ride. 

I sent mail to Ninebot about my problem the 31:st of october and had a working unit the 7th of December.

Quick guide to get your board changed:

1. Fill out the Accident report file. Don't forget the N20 is actually N2O.

2. Send the file to: service@ninebot.com and ask for tracking number for your replacement board.

3.Wait.

4. As soon as you have installed the control board, connect the app and screen shot this:

5. And send it to Ninebot.

6. Wait for your unlock code.

7.Drive. (Hopefully:D)

accident report model(client).xlsx

Archived